Anybody driving milk tankers for RUAN out of Ripon, CA?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by jet460, Nov 3, 2014.

1. jet460

jet460 Heavy Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Modesto, Ca
    yeah....we actually do that all the time.

Dude, you will drive 10 miles or so around the area.
    The trucks are all 10sp.
    I already told you that.

moloko Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Just thought i would give an update. It's been the night shift for me over at ruan since training started and yes the dairies are horrendous. The pay is good. We will see how it goes. I can't handle starting at 5pm though.

4. swifflekat

swifflekat Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2014
    how does the pay system go

5. patswife

patswife Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Well, I see you started working for Ruan, moloko. Good for you! I think they should probably be paying jet460 a bonus for recruitment. My husband starts at anywhere between 3:30 and 7, depending on what time the bakery gets his load baked (LOL), but he'd so much rather be driving night hours than driving ice roads. Ruan is a good company, the pay is really good and he's really happy to be local, as am I. Thanks jet460 for first posting about Ruan & making my husband feel more comfortable about applying with the company. :biggrin_25514:

jet460 Thanks this.
  6. jet460

jet460 Heavy Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Modesto, Ca
    Hourly. OT after 40.

7. jet460

jet460 Heavy Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Modesto, Ca
    Odd they are training you at night. I guess it can go either way.
    I am on nights right now. I like the lack of any real traffic.

patswife Thanks this.
  8. 21jumpseat

21jumpseat Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Hey Jet460, I was wondering if you might be willing to share some info on the pay over there at Ruan. How much per hour, how much you make in a typical week, etc, If that's not too tacky a question. I'm for looking for options to move on from Northern Refrigerated out of Turlock since they decided to screw us over on pay after the 1st of the year. Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

9. jet460

jet460 Heavy Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Modesto, Ca
    It's around $15 until you get your milk license. Goes up to just under $17 when you have a sampler and weigher license. Check amount depends on hours you work. I believe they have a yard in Turlock too.

10. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    haha, how was that "set schedule" treating you at Ruan? you know, I take it back. I think the management at that terminal are themselves victims of what happens, when a massive couldnt-give-a-crap corporation takes over what was a small good-old-boy system. I feel particularly bad for the people who work in the office who were probably hired thru staffing agencies. that job pays more than they've probably ever seen, but man it is a toxic work environment.

I am done with Ruan. I am happy they gave me the experience needed to advance my career. the workplace politics are so strong, constant back stabbing. This company is so large that it could be great, depending on location . each terminal is ran as a separate business...

in the end, i have nothing negative to say about them personally. the current terminal manager is a really, really nice guy. in three months, he might be replaced by somebody completely different. management is a revolving door. the dispatch managers are cool people to an extent. but none of them have hauled milk, and some of them probably have never driven a Class A vehicle. i see a lot of illegal things going on, like drivers getting fired for refusing to operate in unsafe conditions. some guys were fired for refusing to drive donner pass in the snow, when they didn't have chaining experience. they will fire the most loyal of employees for the most petty infraction. I can't see a long term career there.

patswife Thanks this.
  11. patswife

patswife Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2014
    I can't quite figure it out, did this message come from jet 460 or Moloko?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.