Anybody know anything about action expediting out of ga

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by STEPCHILD1, Dec 1, 2009.

1. STEPCHILD1

STEPCHILD1 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2007
    GEORGIA
    What was it like to work for this carrier?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NealinNevada

NealinNevada Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    One Horse Town, Nevada
    I worked for Action (Madison, GA) for about a year...no better, no worse than the average I would say. I'm in aposition where I can leave a company and have a job in short order...Action lives on truckers who MUST have the job. They don't give a wit about their drivers...everyone leaves when they have had enough of their BS. Their safety officer is a dolt and dispatch out of SoCal is run by an idiot

4. STEPCHILD1

Jul 26, 2007
    GEORGIA
    Did they ever attempt to run you illegal? Or push you to falsify your logs? Force you to run sick?

5. NealinNevada

NealinNevada Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    One Horse Town, Nevada
    Yes, that is there modus operandi...pay by the turn and expect the driver to get the load there no matter what. I drove a mountain run through northern California and they would think nothing of expecting a driver go 16 or more hours due to snow. I'm willing to fudge a little to help out, but I refused to run illegal on a regular basis...hence I quit driving for them. They make a big deal of phone safety meetings, but it is all about covering their tails...and the safety officer is a certifiable dolt. Falsifying logs is their stock in trade, they don't ever say it but they expect it.

They recently gave their drivers a 10% pay cut to stay employed according to a friend who still drives for them. Now to be fair, you could drive for a lot worse companies...but you certainly could drive for better companies (ask me how I know :yes2557:).

Baack and STEPCHILD1 Thank this.
  6. STEPCHILD1

Jul 26, 2007
    GEORGIA
  7. tjguoin

tjguoin Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2013
    NealinNevada -

My name is Torrey and I am involved with a class action lawsuit against Action Expediting Inc. I would really like to speak to you regarding your experiences with the company, which can remain anonymous if you chose.
    My personal email is tjguoin@gmail.com Thank you for your time and I look forward to speaking with you.

Torrey

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
  8. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    i have only found this thread, from doing a search for something else. anyone have any idea on this class action suit??

a buddy of mine was with them as well, and tried to get me on with them, but heard nothing of any class action suit.

9. Dustinx24

Dustinx24 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2015
    My dad drove for them but out of Youngstown Ohio area. He liked it. Drove 5 days a week. 370 miles a night. Made $1300 a week. Home everyday. The owner of the company paid for my dads cremation when he passed away in 2012.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.