Anyone else having problems getting home on time?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Randokuky, Jul 29, 2015.

1. iloveatrucker

iloveatrucker Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2015
    You only have to request hometime a week in advance, i think the op was just pointing out that it was not a last minute request.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Yawn, I'm falling asleep

4. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Wrong. You can put in for home time as soon as you leave the house on dispatch as long as it is at least 12 days in the future. The 5 days comes into play later like if you have been out at least 7 days and you want to go home then it has to be at least 5 days in the future.

spectacle13 and iloveatrucker Thank this.
  5. iloveatrucker

Jan 17, 2015
    I never listen to him fully when he talks. (He is fully aware of that.) I just know that we just had a conversation because he had not decided if he was coming home next weekend or the weekend after.

6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Just keep in mind that he has to give at a minimum 5 days notice. Normally what I do is try and get as far as away as possible, then put in a 5 day request so that can get the miles to get home. Like now I am on my way to Inver Grove in MN on the 9th. Put in a home time for El Paso for 7 days later. Then again my home is all over the place. Never see my real home accept for maybe a few days every couple of months. The secret to the game is that if you are close to home when coming up on home time then they just might give you a bunch of short runs so that you stay close

iloveatrucker Thanks this.
  7. iloveatrucker

Jan 17, 2015
    He actually knows the rules, i just ask the same questions over and over again until it clicks. He does dedicated sears, so he is generally hanging around romeoville anyway. If they start playing games with his hometime, he lets his dm know that he is gonna start rolling toward home, so they might want to find him a load along the route. They find him one everytime. Heck, they have sent him loads off of hometime to deadhead back to romeoville from our house. Around 300 empty miles.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Change jobs; plenty of better jobs in Texas. Swift is so large they won't miss you. Find a company that doesn't use those driver facing cameras. I don't think Freymiller uses them.

9. jerezxp7

jerezxp7 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    If my advice was to change companys I would encourage taking a little more time on deciding what company next time .

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I agree and he probably will. Lots to choose from in Texas.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.