Anyone ever bid on loads on UShip.com?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by bigjoel, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Taildragon

Taildragon Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    And for the hundred bucks you have got to go back in the woods and load it by hand, set an appointment time two days later than necessary, then of course you get to the consignee and have to unload it, sort it, carry it in and put it on the shelf for them. I never found anything on there worth the wasted time to find it.

jbatmick and fortycalglock Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mDub

mDub Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Mooreville, MS
    those shows make me so mad. I bet it's just a matter of time before every shipper thinks they can move freight at those rates, then the broakers get a cut. then all the other shows over valueing everything.

those guys really do uship loads, but they do other stuff too. you can look their profile and get their dot number and everything, they are nothing like the show as far as i can tell

4. Jami_uShip

Jami_uShip Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Hi bigjoel,

uShip.com is a real website - we offer a unique, online marketplace where transportation companies can bid to win shipments. Shipping Wars is a television show loosely based on transporters using the site, but they certainly use creative license when describing how the site works. If you have questions about uShip, please contact us directly at support@uship.com. We're more than happy to help!

Best,
    Jami

5. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    If you want truckers to move some of that freight, then look at how brokers web sites are set up. Searching for freight on your web site sucks.

LSAgentOZR Thanks this.
  6. DMH

DMH Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2012
    I see agents for a lot of different company's that use them.

7. Moving on Down the Road

Moving on Down the Road Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    KY
    And U-Ship is now going commercial. Scary. They claim they aren't brokers but charge a fee to the shipper and the "transporter". Sure sounds like brokering to me. I guess they are the E-Bay for truckers. They have a lot of postings from E-Bay bidders and they use and accept PayPal. So after you get that lucky bid on U-Ship to haul something for 20 cents a mile then you get to pay U-Ship 15% for making the connection. So how does that differ from brokering?

8. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    It doesn't and they don't hold the "carriers" to safety standards. Anyone with an MC# can pull a load. People who use U-ship to get their loads done cheaply are setting themselves up for a major liability lawsuit. Let a fatality occur because one of these fly by night "hotshots" kills someone in an accident and results in U-ship getting a $40 million judgement against them in a civil trial and that will be the end of U-ship. Price isn't everything. You'll either pay now, or pay later. You're better off going with a brokerage OR carrier who screens who moves your freight. I don't care who you use, it's just good business sense. Heck, it's common sense really.

mDub, rollin coal, LGarrison and 2 others Thank this.
  9. DMH

DMH Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Are you kidding. Half the shippers in the country could care less about whohauls it as long as it's cheap. Do some research and you might be surprised how many ls agents are on their. I never have used it and not gonna start now but no matter who hauls what a law suit can happen to anybody.

10. Crapytire

Crapytire Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2012
    I used uship for 1st time, as carrier needed something hauled for me from 900miles. I had few guys bid on the load one of them cancelled day before said cant do it because he was hoping to get a load back but couldn't find. So I relist again, agreed with another bidder he also after 4 days cancelled the night before saying his truck is down. And in had planed to fly there and complete paper work and also give him 50% of the cost. I tried looking up their companies and find info there was none. These guys are unprofessional with old pick up or tractor who i think just trying to start up do it for cheapand cutting corners. I don't think they carry proper insurance as I see some just rent truck for the job or a week. One day if I find something useful and worth my time I will do a much better job as a carrier. U ship is good for if you shipping junk I guess.

LGarrison Thanks this.
  11. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    If you're a carrier, next time just have Internet Truckstop authorize you to post loads as a shipper. That worked very well for me getting some trailers moved.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.