Anyone ever bid on loads on UShip.com?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by bigjoel, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Business Developer

Business Developer Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Cape Town
    Not Lucrative pay the bills rather than to a certain extent I can agree with you, question: what making you not approach customers for direct loads?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I can get really aggressive on spot rates compared to direct where I think most customers try to insulate themselves from the wild upswings of tight capacity.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk 2

4. King Transport

King Transport Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Well I'm one of the legal and professional carriers that thought he'd give it a try. Unless you are fortunate enough to find the odd person that really cares about his belongings or someone that realizes that cheaper doesn't mean Better. You can always tell the professionals. You'll have 2or3 people bidding on a load and they will all be within a few dollars of each other. Say that they were all right around the 2 thousand dollar mark. Then out of no where Mr.Unprofessional Transport and bid the job at 500 dollars. Then like a thief in the night the customer takes the bid for 500. Not even enough to pay the fuel. How do you compete with that. Well you can so you move on to find another job to bid on. If you are really lucky you might find one or two customers that get it and will pay the premium to have a professional company do it for him. Then theirs the problem of accidentally over booking. To try and get work some days I'll bid on as many as 15 jobs, then all of a sudden 5 book your truck and you can only accommodate 2. They will fine you for canceling the other 3. So it's basically a loose, loose situation. Now anyone reading this please don't think that I'm just one of those whiny truck drivers. This year marks 42 years in the trucking industry. In that time I've only worked for 5 companies so yes I understand that we have good days and we have bad days. I've worked as a company driver and I've worked as a lease opp and even owned a small fleet for a few years. So I fully understand the business and I've always made money. O before trying Uship, read this again and heed my words . If you still deside to go there anyway ,I wish you all the best.

AaronP and bzinger Thank this.
  5. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Friends don't let friends uship.

Thouren Thanks this.
  6. Aovy

Aovy Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2018
    I scrolled the loads out of curiosity and it didn’t seem worth it.

7. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Very rarely it can be worth it. If it doesn't need a semi truck, you'll have to compete with the unlicensed, cheap crowd. If it needs a semi truck, you have to hope the person listing it doesn't get sticker shock when they're quoted by the brokers and other carriers. So many listings are posted and then never updated(abandoned) because of this. The brokers are also underbidding each other by a dollar. If a shipper manages to keep watching their listing after this, you can usually undercut the other bidders but stay way above what the lane normally pays, and they are more prone to accept it because it looks like they're getting a good deal compared to everyone else.

One way to not be successful with Uship, is to take a load that is already paying under the average for that lane, and repost it on the same website for half the rate. I'm tempted to make another account to accept that offer and then repost it again at half of that rate. I'm also tempted to make an account named "Dr Evil" who bids $1,000,000 on everything.

Uship really should get taken to court. They are enabling so many people to run freight illegally, while also not needing to have a bond like a broker does. They absolutely know the laws about needing a DOT/MC number, and even track those stats (weight, crossing state lines, for profit), yet still do not verify and instead place the burden on the shipper.

AaronP and PPDCT Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.