Anyone have any experience with LW Miller or Rich Thompson Trucking?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by babagadoosh, Jul 28, 2015.

1. babagadoosh

babagadoosh Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Hey all,
    Been off this forum for a good long while, but I'm back on the job hunt again, looking to hear what other drivers have to say.

I'm a 10 year HazMat tanker guy with a good record living in Lander, Wyoming. Currently pulling helium for Trimac out of Rock Springs, Wyoming, but in addition to their lousy dispatch and horrible equipment, they are trying to push all their solo drivers out the door. And they're wanting all of us to pull the ports for next to no pay, so I'm onto the next one.

Anyway, I've been talking to Rich Thompson Trucking (RTTI) out of Jerome, Idaho, and LW Miller out of Logan, Utah. I like what they both have to say, seems like either would be a pretty good fit for me. Anybody pull or know someone who pulls for either?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    The Tanker side of LW is eerily quiet. Hardly any info at all. Lots of nasty stuff about their reefer and cattle side but nothing about tankers. What did they tell you about pay and such? I'm looking too and had thought about them, since I'm in SLC

4. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    My safety director at my last job drive for LW as an O/O for 15 years. When he left, he said "They got real greedy. Nothing mattered but money" but that sounds like most companies

5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Worked for LW Miller for around one year In 2005 although i was with the refrigerated Division based in Logan, the Tanker and Pneumatic divisions are based in Salt lake City. I always had plenty of work mainly running from Logan to LA or Logan to Sacramento we very rarely ran east mostly hauling Cheese from Schriber to Mc Donalds and Costco as long as you got your paperwork in by Midnight Thursday you always got paid the following Tuesday. I never had an issue with the staff oh there was one dispatcher who thought he ruled the roost however hes long gone. The trucks and equipment are very modern and well serviced they have there own workshop in Logan and Tremonton. So yeah i would highly recommend LW Miller

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.