Anyone have info on RTI (Riverside Transport Inc.) Lease purchase???

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by RERM, May 1, 2014.

1. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Curious, if anyone has heard anything about them....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GearWarrant

GearWarrant Medium Load Member

Mar 20, 2014
    North Vernon, IN
    You need to read all the threads on how bad these lease purchases are. This is the absolute worst way to buy a truck. If you can't afford to get a truck on your own, you have a problem to fix first before you look at buying.

Zaros Thanks this.
  4. hi beam

hi beam Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Buying a "truck on your own" is no guarantee that one will be successful either... You have more money upfront
    thou... Some companies do have a walk-away-lease, but if buying thru a bank, very hard to just walk-away from
    that obligation..

If one would look, there are also posts where some are successful in their lease/purchase too...

Everyone should do their homework and see if it will work for them or not... Too many fail because they have
    no business buying or leasing a truck in the first place.. Some also fail thru no fault of their own, but just bad luck..

There are companies that take advantage of drivers wanting to lease/purchase, I do agree with that and
    some companies take advantage of just driving their trucks too..

Starting ANY business is risky, a lot do fail, but if one were to look at successful businessmen, a lot of them
    have failed a time or too before being successful...

roadhammer123 and Hammyswaggin Thank this.
  5. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Yes, I can buy a truck on my own, that was not the question. If you can't answer the question, please refrain from posting in this thread.

6. drloveofdfw

drloveofdfw Light Load Member

I worked for RTI, run as fast as you can! worst 12 weeks of my life. 12 weeks and only 29k miles. had nothing with but problems with my dm. poor communication. pay never right. took for ever to get my safety bonus for a level 1. don't fall for the all inclusive full service maintenance. your paying into a pool on a deal that is already included in the lease for where ever the got the truck. Plus, it is not a walk away lease!!!!! Left and went to JCT. Whole lot happier and I'm not in the poor house either

7. Mudrunner1

Mudrunner1 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2014
    Dallas, Texas
    drloveofdfw I am driving for rti at present and have not got more than 1500 miles a week. I would not recommend this place to anyone. UNLESS you like to sit. and make less than 500 aweek.

drloveofdfw Thanks this.
  8. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Thank you.....

9. anotherjoe

anotherjoe Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2013
    If i have a serious engine failure or a DPF failure and im leasing im walking away. Try that with a bank and see how far you get.

Hammyswaggin Thanks this.
  10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    If you're not making enough money or managing your business to maintain enough cash to cover a major break down, then you are either in the wrong business or are incapable of managing a business.

11. bigjake

bigjake Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2014
    I can tell you what happen to a friend, He was LP and he was happen with them until he was injured . he was loading at a place in PA his knee went out and could not walk on it but he cot in his truck and started drive, one hour late he stop and try to walk on the knee but he could not..So he called dispatch and told them that he injured his knee and could not walk and to send a truck to re-power the load . He was going to bob tail back to KY to the yard but thy would not let him drive the truck back. to make it short thy left him there with no help..After a hour or two a company driver pull in and give him a ride back to KY and help him unload him thing from his truck he was driver..Now here is the good part, he made a payment on the the truck in good faith so it would not put him behind thy sent a driver for the truck and thy work the truck and would not give him the money that the truck made and the things that he left behind was gone thy lie and steel from all driver after this happen I pull my truck ..He doing ok now but after that he quit driving he said after 37yrs of driving its not like it was so thy can have it he will not even drive one of my truck.so if you drive for Riverside transportation or thinking of it don,t.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.