Anyone here complete a Lease/Purchase with swift?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by FluffyGuy, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Montanaboy1988

Montanaboy1988 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2013
    @blsqueak ...Yea I guess not....he was a strange one !! Hey do you know what's gonna happen with central and swift ?? As far as pay for owner op? Im with central right now

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Been asking and no one seems to know. According to your web site you get lots more than us, but I have talked to one of our drivers that was at a terminal of your and the pay sheet said different. From what I hear about your new fsc, not sure I like that.

4. moonerman

moonerman Bobtail Member

May 29, 2013
    Like I said. 6k/week minimum. You have minimum weeks sometimes hauling produce but that's how trucking is. I buckled down and paid myself like a company driver fir over two years. Now I have enough in my escrow account and savings to live like a hard working man should. Enough to buy a new rig and take 6 months off if I wanted. Saving is the key for me

5. Montanaboy1988

Montanaboy1988 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2013
    @blsqueak you make alright money at swift as l/o? One of my friends is a trainer at central and he was wondering what swift mentors were makin have you heard anything??

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

From what we've heard, our contract stays the same except for a few minor differences such as the IFTA and some things that are reimbursable now that weren't before... Flat per mile rate and FSC rate will stay the same until you sign a new contract... We are 'Grandfathered' in. However don't quote me until I see a settlement from SWIFT... This is our first day back on the road since Jan 31.

blsqueak Thanks this.
  7. Busch

Busch Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2016
    It has been some years since you posted this question. I finished a lease purchase program through Danny Herman trucking back in 2013. When I got my title I thought I'd have a feeling of accomplishment and I did but just for a moment. I was so disillusioned by that time that it wasn't worth half of what I'd suffered through to get it!
    I should've sold it immediately. You see, I had moved over to Atlas vanlines and found myself needing a new transmission in Billings Montana. It took over a week to get the transmission delivered and installed. I had to borrow money against my title because my maintenance was maxed out. It was $12k and some change for the whole deal. After borrowing the money, I was in debt for $20k at $640 per month for 3 years.

At the end of 2014, I left Atlas because I wasn't getting the miles. I went with what I thought would be a great company which paid 75% and it was OK at first indeed, but after a couple months, my settlements were dwindling to nothing. There appeared to be some embezzlement going on within the company. I had another major breakdown at that time and couldn't afford to catch up regardless of direction I chose. The loan company took my truck in February of this year.
    I got nothing but a letter that they were bringing a law suit against me for $10k because they auctioned the truck at nearly nothing.

Come to find out dht had never reported the truck to my credit but the loan company sure did.

I succeeded at my lease purchase and still failed later. If you're not neting at least $3k per week, then find that spot where you can immediately or cut your losses and sell. If you can't afford to go independent then my advise would be the same.

I couldn't find any place to loan me the money against my title for capital to go independent but it was real easy to get a loan for the breakdown. I went with the cheapest interest rate as well and it was still staggering.
    The trucking industry is no longer the place where an individual can build an empire from scratch with hard work.
    If it is and I simply didn't work hard enough, then I don't want it anyways. When the wrecker pulled the truck out of my driveway, a great feeling of relief flooded over my entire body. So much stress was lifted off of me.

I was lucky enough to land a dispatching job. It's not the greatest job to have either but I'm home, I'm happy and I'm comfortable, but most of all..... "I HAVE A LIFE NOW!"

Moosetek13, Subutai and scottied67 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.