anyone here work for old dominion freight or can tell me about their team position i work at od now

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by yeremyn, Nov 28, 2015.

1. yeremyn

yeremyn Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2015
    i currently work for od running shuttles at night i get hr pay but i do like 9 drop n hooks all night not paid been here 3 months but looking into going to the team side to make sum more $$$ and paid some debt off anyone that works at od running teams that can tell me how the pay is and how many days out im currently at .57cpm whene ever i do a mile run which i never done yet thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Maybe best to talk to OD...which is who you currently work for...right?

browndawg Thanks this.
  4. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    It's good money and you maybe on a schedule, but they can pull it from you anytime and send your team all around the country. Our terminal teams are usually gone 2-3 weeks not by choice. Every time a team is formed, it usually falls apart within a few months and the drivers go to the bottom of the board if they go back to the city. You'll be making over 27 an hour in no time and shuttles are gravy. I'd stick around doing that and have somewhat of a life.

5. yeremyn

yeremyn Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2015
    yes i can do but i want to know from the actuall drivers doing teams

6. yeremyn

yeremyn Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2015
    tha

7. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Don't you ever see team drivers at the yard you could ask?

8. yeremyn

yeremyn Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2015
    cool thanks for the input sir yea i guess shuttling kinda gets old i would like to get onto a run but i heard is all based on señority what terminal are u out off im in orange n close to the rialto as well

9. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Teamed for over 7 yers with my wife there, ran PAR-RTO . . . $75k - $110k depending on how hard you want to run.

Simple truth is most folks can't hack it and don't last.

Pay was .6853 cpm when we left in February. 7,000 miles a week wild is feasible.

10. handled

handled Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I have hauled containerized freight for FedEx for 8 years quite a while ago and am looking at changing careers and going back to driving a truck for OD. I have updated all my certifications and medical card and should have my hazmat check back in a few days. I was thinking about going line haul but was wandering how often I would be home and any other info you could give me would be great.

Thanks

11. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Probably best to drop in to RTO and have a chat with William Dubra, nice guy. Tell him we said hi. You'll need the hazmat on the CDL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.