Anyone know about Radio Active Radios?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by psychocreep, Sep 10, 2008.

1. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    You make claims from the safety of your keyboard,I back mine with cash
    anytime anywhere.
    Volumes could be said on those that blow loads of cash attempting to boost low-end radios.
    The majority didn't have much choice back in the 80's and early 90's
    but doing such in the 21st century is pretty retarded.

I wont even tell you how hard several people laughed after reading your
    last post Rat.
    I guess that why they call Cobras amateur radios LMAO !!
    In case you failed to read this in its ENTIRETY,do so at your first opportunity.
    http://www.customcbradios.com/articles/article/6641578/120503.htm

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

Hey this is Pot, meet kettle!

Just like radio rambos, there are always internet rambos.

The fact of the matter is that I stepped on a SWP general with a Stealth Cobra 29.

Now my cobra will not step on my properly setup non super hack packed Connex 4300hp but we are compairing apples to oranges here.

The fact is that Radio Active Radios SWP is nothing more then a dollars worth of radio shack stuff installed with the limiters cut or removed etc making for a radio that may be loud but it is not the best and it splatters across a minimum of 5 above and below the channel that the owner is trying to broadcast on.

Also the fact is that many people are getting their radios unwackpacked and are much happier with the performance of their radios. But then a simple internet search will tell you that.

You can make claims all day long about backing your opinions up with cash etc but I highly doubt that you are going to come searching for me.

Grafton North Dakota is my home but I run from southern Manitoba to south central North Dakota and the Red River Valley of North Dakota.

Just call out for Rat and I will answer. I will be dragging a belt bottom trailer with a dome on the top with 60,000 inside it.

4. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    I dunno Tater, all I said was "it sounds like", not "it is". I haven't heard a RAR, but if you say they are getting clarity along with a high modge, then I have to take your word for it, but it's not usually the case with most rigs. But OTOH, if it's bleeding all over the bands, I consider it a POS setup. I talk at 100% only and have NO problem having discussions or getting the distance. And that's with a PC68XL Uniden.
    ...I'm also not trying to 'get over' everyone every time I key. I can wait a few seconds for my turn. Never had a problem with manners.
    We're always almost locking horns, hope we don't have a problem; not my intention.
    edit: now that I think of it, I have some bragging rights too: I can talk quite a distance with my little Uni, while you sit next to me on another channel and can't hear any bleedover from me. 100% stays where it is, and everyone says it sounds great. Granted, I use an astatic 636 for more clarity, and just a little touch of "warehouse" sound from my connex board.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  5. FriedTater

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    RF, I do have PM if you feel there is a horn tangle

6. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    Naw man, just makin' sure you didn't. We're cool.
    We agree to disagree sometimes I reckon.

7. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Warner Robins, GA
    I don't have a dog in this 'fight' and am new to this board but I'm interested in the best CB shops out there.

So, FT, are you recommending custom cb radios as a shop? I read a lot on that site and he/it seems to be top-notch.

8. FriedTater

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Their ALL the BEST just ask them :biggrin_25525:
    At the very least their all as good as the BEST :biggrin_25523:
    Some just brag on the radio,I prefer stability over the long run.
    RadioActive has long since set many standards and held a steady
    Ethical Business standard for more years then several others have been
    working on radios.

If you can find another shop besides RA that offers a LifeTime Guarantee
    on all the radios they build/sell go for it.

Here are few to sort thru
    • AMATEUR LINEAR AMPLIFIERS
    • BAD BOY ANTENNAS
    • CB CITY
    • CB RADIOS PLUS
    • CB WORLD
    • CLAY'S RADIO SHOP
    • GATOR AMPS
    • GI JOE'S CB RADIO
    • HAM SPEAK AMATEUR RADIO FORUM
    • KOLLMAN RADIO
    • MONKEY MADE ANTENNAS
    • MOJO'S RADIO SHOP
    • PREDATOR10K ANTENNAS
    • PRO-TECH CB SHOP
    • RADIO ACTIVE
    • REDMAN CB STOP
    • ROLLIN CB'S
    • THE CB DOCTOR
    • THE RADIO COMPANY
    • TOP GUN AMPLIFIERS
    • RIGHT CHANNEL RADIOS
    • SKIP SHOOTER ANTENNA
    • SPARKY'S CB SHACK
    • WESTGATE LABORATORIES LLC
    • WORLD WIDE AMPLIFIERS

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2009
  9. GalaxyTech

GalaxyTech Bobtail Member

May 12, 2007
    RA only fixes what he does to the radio.If your finals or channel display go out your on your own and since his hack mods will not be covered by Galaxy after he hacks the radio you just tossed out your two year warranty.Galaxy has warned him to tell his customers before they buy the radio that it voids the Factory warranty.Sounds like a real honest place to me.On the other hand he does keep good Shops busy unwacking his hack mod.And his super RX mod is just a scam no parts are changed in the RX section just turns the VR down for the meter.You should be able to get a Brand New General Lee with a RX mod that parts are replaced for $225.00 plus shipping.

delta5 and Rat Thank this.
  10. cajun

cajun Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2007
    USSA
    I bought a General Lee from RAR in 2007, never had a problem with them. The radio is loud and proud, nothing but compliments everywhere I went. I actually need to sell it since I can't drive any more. Anyone interested, just shoot me a PM.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.