Anyone sued dealers?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by mcdsobe, May 25, 2016.

1. LumbraX

LumbraX Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    I threatened to sue Freightliner in Tampa twice in phone calls for same incident and they ended up sending a check for towing bill and repairs..... Best part is I had the truck towed to Overpriced Rush... Win

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LumbraX

LumbraX Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Oh yeah..... And it's a White Volvo

4. mcdsobe

mcdsobe Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Yesterday morning left the dealer after paying 3700 and boom i have an engine light on again, turned back and gave them headache for not fixing it and asked to pay another 3050 for it, i was going crazy, called police but nothing changed. I called headquarters of freightliner, emailed back and forth with documents, called the bank, filed a dispute for charges. Im waiting to hear from them 1st then i will move on to next step but i def never ever am going back to any freightliner dealer! Period!

5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Wait, it happened again???

6. mcdsobe

Feb 23, 2015
    Yes they said its possibly the coolant module so part itself 1700 and 8 hours of labor which is 135 per hour plus im not even sure if its going to solve the problem. Lol its a joke! I called few other dealers right away after i saw 8 hours labor for a f#### module change they said max 2 hours

7. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    Coolant module? These manufacturers are getting out of hand with this BS.

I've had good luck in the past with disputing the charge on my credit card. I pay all repairs with CC zero exceptions. I will overpay for good service before I pay a dime for ####ty service. Make sure everything is well documented from the start, what the problem is when you brought it to them, what they plan to do to fix it etc. You will need all of that to win the dispute.

mcdsobe Thanks this.
  8. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    That was an ignorant reply.

Hurst

RERM and mcdsobe Thank this.
  9. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Thats the truth.

Hurst

RERM Thanks this.
  10. mcdsobe

Feb 23, 2015
    That what everyone says and i have been hearing i mostly wont be winning the case bc freightliner is big bla bla... so just waiting to hear from my bank and headquarters for now then will decide

11. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I am currently suing a mega-trucking company that had a driver who backed into my truck. Its been over 1 yr. Judge was supposed to make a final decision in a hearing this month. Lawyers representing mega tossed another monkey wrench into the loop. Looks like my case will drag out some more.

My suggestion is to at least consult with a lawyer or someone who does collections. See if there is an avenue worth perusing. If not,.. chalk it up as a loss and write it off on your taxes.

Hurst

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.