Anything cheaper and as good as WIlson 5000 magnet antenna?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by cbears4all, Mar 17, 2015.

1. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Yep, someone bought out Barjan Product's LLC, not sure who either...Whoever it was is keeping it a secret...Think they are based out of NC tho. Probably the same people who have "Workman" products.

Bout Z Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Turbo-T

Turbo-T Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    Stryker tends to slather their name on anything. I have a radio that has been known to the rest of the world as an Anytone Apollo I before Stryker got a hold of it and put "Stryker SR-89MC" on it.

Kind of like how you can find radios called "Mirage" on them that closely resemble Galaxy and RCI radios.

4. Big_m

Big_m Heavy Load Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Central Maryland
    "Kind of like how you can find radios called "Mirage" on them that closely resemble Galaxy and RCI radios".

A Mirage is a Refurb Galaxy or RCI when they fail QC. When they pass QC they are then sold as the Mirage.

5. mntrucker

mntrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Turbo T, that's a load of crap about Stryker. Most of their stuff is unique looking, and are by far the most technologically innovative 10 meter company in the USA.

6. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Stryker.....not really for 10 meters:biggrin_25512: And, if I'm not mistaken, the board is all surface mount making it difficult if not impossible to work on by most shops. Oh yeah, thereby making it more expensive to work on as well.

Guess I'm getting old, but I'll stay with the old stuff. My old Cobra 25 will talk with anything out there.......with the addition of an amp. Easy to work on too.

Big_m Thanks this.
  7. Big_m

Big_m Heavy Load Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Central Maryland
    Has anyone else noticed that we are getting Stryker pushers popping up in her from time to time. They're only here trying to sell their brand of radio. Again we have several of us that have been radio for many years! We can not only install. But we repair and Mod equipment. And either you are trying to sell us on Stryker or don't know much about radio. Every post is about Stryker Radio products!

8. mntrucker

mntrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2015
    In not pushing anything, just happen to own the radio/antenna and like it. About 10 years ago I had a 2950dx and put a sp1a in it and liked that as well. If I like something or have knowledge on it I comment, it's that simple.

9. Big_m

Big_m Heavy Load Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Central Maryland
    Now posting to other topics. Some weeks old. Seems strange to do it now. And Strykers are not the best antennas around.

10. mntrucker

mntrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Yeah I finally had sometime to look around, I'm busy and don't get on here often. All I did was mention a product that's three years old. #### and I thought my wife was suspicious of everything I do.....

11. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    I heard barjan bought cobra?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.