Application was just accepeted for PRIME. Start orientation January

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Broshears, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Broshears

Broshears Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Pleasant Hill, Mo
    Yeah that's how I did them in orientation. I finished them last night

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. andytalllurch

andytalllurch Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Atlanta, Ga
    Upgrade from TNT to a-seat??? How do you do tge modules remotely also??

4. Broshears

Apr 5, 2010
    Pleasant Hill, Mo
    Go to the website that you sign into and just watch the videos and take quizzes. I did them on my laptop and phone. Yes upgrade to a seat

5. andytalllurch

Jan 15, 2015
    Atlanta, Ga
    There's like 17 to complete right???

6. ccolvin

ccolvin Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    It's more than 17 I lost count when I did them lol. I should be doing my upgrade in another 2 to 3 weeks depending on how fast I get my miles so far doing pretty good. hope to see you guys on the road.

7. mwonch

mwonch Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Although the videos will all be some of the same ones done during orientation, not all of them will have to be redone. I don't remember how many there are, but its not a whole lot. Maybe 12 or thereabouts. I went lease, so I had a few more to view than usual. I do not know if company has more or less. Justin can tell us...if he pulls away from the masseuse long enough. Lol

8. andytalllurch

Jan 15, 2015
    Atlanta, Ga
    Ifni figure tight have about 3weeks more to the TNT then gonna go lease. My trainer is tue bomb been doin this like 20 years is an owner operator at prime. Single biggest thing he said is don't turn down a load...

9. mwonch

mwonch Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Lease and o/o have more leeway there, but turning down loads will have the same effect all around. FMs know pretty quickly who will run and who will be kinda lazy. If a driver is that picky, they wont last long. They won't get fired for it, but they will not get choice loads. Sometimes ya gotta take a crap load to get a really good one.

I like to run. I wish I could do 100 hour weeks, in fact. Hate hate HATE sitting, even for a little bit. LOL But there are some who are exactly the opposite and then will complain about their low checks. Those types crack me up.

As with anything else your motivation will determine how successful you are. It's really just that simple. I was fortunate to have trainers who thought much the same way.

10. Broshears

Apr 5, 2010
    Pleasant Hill, Mo
    Well been a while since I've updated I do apologize folks. Everything has been going alright I suppose. I've had some rough weeks when I've had family in the hospital and had to get home to see them etc but other then that it's been alright.

About a week ago going up to Portland Oregon from Oakland CA on i5 a driver decided it would be a smart choice to drink and drive and eneed up rolling his rig blocking all lanes going northbound on i5 made us late to our 90 but it was out of my control. After that we picked up in Washington delivering to a walmart DC in Florida which is where I'm at now it delivers tomorrow morning.

I mentioned in my previous posts on how I went team with my tnt trainer, we'll that will more than likely be changing coming end of next month I plan on going solo leasing my own truck it's much sooner than I plan but the differences in my and my codriver personalities is conflicting as well we are not running as hard as I would like due to a variety of reasons.

My plan is to try and get a truck with a short lease on it and start from there basically at the moment I'm saving up what money I can so I have a buffer for when I go lease. I'll see how rest of this month goes and next month to make my final decision.

I'll try to remember to update this more regularly. Take care folks and stay safe.

11. andytalllurch

Jan 15, 2015
    Atlanta, Ga
    ="Broshears, post: 4646158, member: 41337"]Well been a while since I've updated I do apologize folks. Everything has been going alright I suppose. I've had some rough weeks when I've had family in the hospital and had to get home to see them etc but other then that it's been alright.

About a week ago going up to Portland Oregon from Oakland CA on i5 a driver decided it would be a smart choice to drink and drive and eneed up rolling his rig blocking all lanes going northbound on i5 made us late to our 90 but it was out of my control. After that we picked up in Washington delivering to a walmart DC in Florida which is where I'm at now it delivers tomorrow morning.

I mentioned in my previous posts on how I went team with my tnt trainer, we'll that will more than likely be changing coming end of next month I plan on going solo leasing my own truck it's much sooner than I plan but the differences in my and my codriver personalities is conflicting as well we are not running as hard as I would like due to a variety of reasons.

My plan is to try and get a truck with a short lease on it and start from there basically at the moment I'm saving up what money I can so I have a buffer for when I go lease. I'll see how rest of this month goes and next month to make my final decision.

I'll try to remember to update this more regularly. Take care folks and stay safe.[/QUOTE]
    Fuel IS a big thing to keep in mind, reefer side fsc is all you get. Macro 27 is good for a reference. And then the ever present cheap freight factor. If you know to keep the drivers door closed and run you can make money. Its just not as easy as it once was... Be safe out there bro keep the shiny si

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.