Applying elsewhere

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by pasmurf, Aug 28, 2016.

1. pasmurf

pasmurf Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I tried to move to a company that would at least offer me time at home on weekends.
    I tried three applications. Went to an orientation, cut on the second day from a flatbed company.
    But on the way back to my old employer 1100 miles west, I noticed a medium sized truck yard. I called the recruiter. They dont have openings now, but the recruiter mentioned that my DAC ? report didnt list my trucking employment with the one I left in early August after completing a year long lease. I had 3 months of company driving time as well.
    But a question bugs me, I have 4 preventable but not DOT reportable accidents and I wasnt fired for them: trailer stuck in a ditch, Mar 2015, trailer door fell off while parking in a lot, I should have closed the door, scraping my groundguides fender with my trailer, and lastly scraping a mirror and causing $850 in damage.- Ive paid for every bit of damage, or tows. Do I put these on an application? I have about 140000 plus miles and had my best month in July. Just fishing for feedback from someone who knows more about this industry than my novice 18 months can handle.
    The lack of any thing on my DAC and whether or not reporting non DOT reportable accidents is a good idea?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If your MVR is clean and DAC is clean, I wouldn't put anything on a job application.
    Apply at two companies and put the info on one application and don't put it on another and see what happens.

tscottme and Starboyjim Thank this.
  4. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Don't sweat it there is no law stating all companies use Dac services.

pasmurf Thanks this.
  5. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    Schneider didnt want to interview me because what I said above is considered 4 preventable accidents.
    Smaller company that Im checking into seems more flexible.

6. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Dont tell on yourself. Like chinatown says, "If nobody saw you do it, it didnt happen".

Rusty Trawler and Florida Playboy Thank this.
  7. Giuseppe Ventolucci

Giuseppe Ventolucci Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Don't lie, but don't tell the truth!

rachi Thanks this.
  8. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    Im starting to get the same conclusion. As the last two replies show.

9. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    As I have always said, if you don't have pictures or videos, you don't have proof, which means you have nothing.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  10. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    I think that if you hire you will get #### bagged if your company send the verification to old employer and states it to them.

pasmurf Thanks this.
  11. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Are you sure about that? Have you seen your DAC recently?

You know recruiters are known to lie. Whats the chances this recruiter did not feel you met the qualifications at this time since they had enough drivers? Yet, led you on in case they fall short on their quota at a later date.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.