Apu on T660 with side skirts

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by litehauler, Nov 20, 2015.

1. litehauler

litehauler Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2009
    mohawk tn
    I'm wanting to install a dynasys apu on a 2013 t660 with skirts.
    Once I remove the step assembly on right side, there's nothing for the pipes of the fuel tank
    skirt to attach to.
    Do any of you all have any ideas or have any you done this yourself rather than having it done?
    Any ideas and or pics would greatly be appreciated, thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Yeah I noticed that on mine, i have seen other T660's with a short little attachment to hold up the tank skirt but didn't look too close. Figure the dealer would know. I'm thinking about putting in a battery powered A/C next spring that the batteries will be sunk in the catwalk area so I can keep my steps.

4. litehauler

Jul 17, 2009
    mohawk tn
    Yeah I know what your refering to, I wonder what hulds it onto to the tank on the top and bottom in behind the fiberglass

5. nonsense007

nonsense007 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Reidland, Kentucky
    I have a 2012 Kenworth T-660 studio sleeper, had to remove the fairing and steps on passenger side to get the APU on, didn't look good, but wanted to save money on fuel and less wear and tear on the engine with idling. image.jpeg

scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. KWmech

KWmech Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    To make it look clean, buy the side skirt with the end cap and install that instead of the one you have that is used with the matching steps

7. nonsense007

nonsense007 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Reidland, Kentucky

Yes your right about the end cap, but it costs like $1100, and still would have to get it painted. So I skipped it.

8. RubyEagle

RubyEagle Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Late but did you find a solution? The Nite and Idle free systems would both work. Also Rigmaster has a $200 subframe for their new LG200 inverter model apu that is mounted on the catwalk. I was told by a dealer that he hasn't installed any but the Owner Operator trucks he sees come in with the setup are great. Says they last much longer and run better not getting all the road grime and winter sprays in the fans etc.

9. Hype6477

Hype6477 Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Socal
    It's not an APU but I moved my fuel tank forward and made space to mount my hydraulic tank inside of the sides skirt. Be warned if you do that, your fuel level takes longer to read if your low on fuel get it.

10. litehauler

Jul 17, 2009
    mohawk tn
    I had forgotten all about this thread.,
    Sorry I didnt mean to ignore anyone, I got the situation resolved with a friendly parts guy at the local KW. He was able to locate the required parts to delete the back step and still use tank fairing on the truck

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.