Are there any TMC driving living in michigan

Discussion in 'TMC' started by michiganmaddman, May 30, 2008.

1. michiganmaddman

michiganmaddman Bobtail Member

May 26, 2008
    Chesterfield, Michigan
    are there any current tmc drivers or past tmc drivers soon to be drivers living in michigan if so how are the lanes/home time in the detroit area I94 M59 area

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pdoffmichfan07

pdoffmichfan07 Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Harrison Twp, MI
    Madman,

With my experience with TMC I found getting hometime was like pulling teeth. In the 10 months I drove for them I probably got home on time twice. When I ran I chose to stay out 6 weeks at a time, thus getting 6 days off. When I did eventually get home there were times when TMC wanted me to do some local type jobs during my hometime...not having that BS!!! All-in-all I think they are a good company to work for.I had a pretty good FM who was very good about getting me loads when i was empty...Longest I waited for a load was about two maybe three hours, but, that was few and far between...In retrospect I totally jumped the gun with leaving the company and would go back in a minute...I tried getting back on with them and they informed I was accepted to be re-hired, but a freeze for hiring in michigan was in effect...probably not true!!! Anyway those are my thoughts...Good luck to you if you decide to go with TMC...Oh yeah I reside at 16 and I-94...

NukedNative Thanks this.
  4. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    I live in South Detroit, and i'm home every weekend, by like 5PM friday, at the latest. If i get home any later than that, i don't need to leave until Monday.

That driver must've not been leaving early enough on Sunday / Monday to set his week up properly. If his hometime was really that bad. You'll get home fine living in Michigan, it's prime actually.

NukedNative Thanks this.
  5. michiganmaddman

May 26, 2008
    Chesterfield, Michigan
    i ll be at orentation on 28 july i think tmc will work out well for me what kind of weekly wages should i expect

6. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    I am not sure about how much you will make from michigan, but (unless it has changed) during the two week orientation you earn $300 per week, during the 5 weeks of training you earn $350 per week, and after that there will be several months where you will make mistakes that will cost you time and since time is money don't expect to earn more than $1,000 before taxes. Anything more than that will be a "bonus." Good luck.

7. phcat

phcat Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2008
    port huron mi
    Hey Guys Im Glad You Started This Thread About Michigan. I Live In Port Huron, The End Of I-94, The End Of I-69, Home Of The Blue Water Bridge; The Second Busiest Border Crossing With Canada Besides Detroit-windsor. O By The Way 500 Million Dollar Homeland Security Project To Build The Most High Tech Border Crossing In America The New Blue Water Bridge Plaza. Now I See And Here You Guys Living In Michigan Working For Tmc, Even As Close As Chesterfield, 20 Mins. From My House.
    So Tmc Is Sooo Great I Called Them Cuz Im A Newbie, Not That I Deserve Anything, But Come On There So Great Right?? I Call There Cuz Im In Cdl School Right Now So I Can Try And Get A Job Lined Up, After Hearing All The Horror Stories About Maverick Which Practically Begged Me To Come Work There In The Glass Div. Which I Found Out Is A Nightmare, This Dumb ***** Asks Me If I Leave By M59(hall Rd) And I 94, So I Tell Her Im A Little North Of That, She Says Are You North Of I 69 Thats The Cut Off Point To There Hiring Zone, I Tell Her I 69 And I 94 Both End Here,(hmmm... How Hard To Understand Is That Two Interstate Highways That Span Thousands Of Miles Across The Country Both End Here..) She Goes Ahead And Asks Me Again, Are You North Or South Of I69?? So I Say Well Im On The South Side. So She Says Just A Min. Let Me Mapquest Your House Number. Then She Says O Sorry You Are Just North Of The Cut Off Point....

Dumb *****, Hey Newbies Tmc Doesnt Give A Bleep, There To Busy Getting Ready To Go Home For The Day, Cuz It Was Close To 1700, Dont Have Time To Talk To Newbies. Thanks Tmc Im Gonna Try To Get A Job With Roehl,a Real Company That Treats You Like A Person Not A Pieca Of Bleep.
    So Please Guys Stop The Hocus Pocus About Tmc Their Just Like Any Other Big Company

8. michiganmaddman

May 26, 2008
    Chesterfield, Michigan
    well i am here to say i have had nothing but good experances with tmc.my friend lives in port huron he got a prehire.we are both right out of school (newbies) have talked to a current tmc driver? have nothing but good to say they a good hard working company to work hard for.no one rides for free

9. terrylamar

terrylamar Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Bye, bye!!!

10. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    Heh. Nice. :biggrin_2559:

11. michiganmaddman

May 26, 2008
    Chesterfield, Michigan
    ppl like this guy give us a bad name (PHCAT) i doubt they will hire him too the only truck this guy will be driving is maybe JB swift or scnieder or beter yet napa parts delivery truck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.