Are You Ready for Roehl's PreNup Agreement?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Adventureron, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Adventureron

Adventureron Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2014
    If you have a CDL and would like to work for Roehl, you will now have to sign a marriage agreement. If Roehl divorces you, or you divorce Roehl before you reach 75,000 miles (which they are in control of gifting you) you will be in debt to them for the sum of $3,130 for the Roehl training provided to you prior to your first dispatch. Are you getting cold feet? I am...

mtgmaker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mrdot

mrdot Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
    OH
    That is unreal! Glad I went with whom I did... I dont care for BS like that at all..

4. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    I suppose it's a way to retain drivers. Many new drivers quit a month or two in.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  5. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    I will admit I've been fortunate enough to never had to work for the mega's. So this is just my opinion from the outside, if a company invest into a person whether be it time, money, or both and that investment decides hey this doesn't work for me for what ever reason, I'd think they would want to see a return on the capitol they invested into that person who decided to leave the agreement. It's not cheap to invest into the overhead of training on any level, but when they pay for someone to gain a new skill and you decide to just leave because you don't like the way they do business.... I have to say if I train a driver to obtain there CDL and they just decide this doesn't work for me now, I'd have problem with that. AGAIN I'M NOT STICKING UP FOR BAD DISPATCHERS, LOW MILES OR LIES, I'm simply stating a contract is a contract man-up, after all they gave you a skill that you can take to their competition. We all have to start somewhere....

Kevin Lewis, freenow, hal380 and 4 others Thank this.
  6. UKJ

UKJ Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    If they paid better they'd be worth sticking with for a long time, already have the best hometime package but their pay is really low then add this type of contract on top makes me say STAY AWAY.

7. Dakota1358

Dakota1358 Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Staunton,Va
    Think most companies that provide you with training require you to sign some kind of agreement.The option is to pay for it yourself or find someway to get the government to pay for it.If they actually dispatch decently 75000 miles is less than a year of indentured servitude.

freenow and hal380 Thank this.
  8. UKJ

UKJ Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    I agree with this but they should be fair and contract to pay no less than X-amount of dollars or guarantee miles and make up the difference if it falls short. Contracts aren't 1-way streets.

hal380 Thanks this.
  9. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    This goes back to just read the contract, if you don't like something then walk away. There are lots of options on gaining a CDL. Personally with all the schooling out there I wouldn't let a trucking company tie me down to teach me when you can do it yourself a local school (it's common sense folks!). Do your homework just pass the test and you're free to do as you please. They are a business, and so are you with your own life. Life's no picnic, you have to be smart and look out for yourself no body will do that for you.

UKJ Thanks this.
  10. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    It separates the few that won't stay. Company I'm currently with is small, only 5 trucks & 8 trailers, a guy came to work, did drug screen/etc, worked one day after everything came back clean and after 500 mile trip, 250 out loaded and the same 250 back empty to the terminal asked, "Is it always this busy." To which I replied, "No, man this was actually a slow day, we didn't do anything but drop and hook." His reply was, "I don't think I can take this." and quit. We get paid % so that one out & back driver pay was $225, and $900 to truck.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. UKJ

UKJ Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    Agree 100%, that's I am getting my CDL through a community college. Roehl was a company I was interested in if they paid better I would go with them. I think Knight is the only other one with a good home time package.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.