Are You Ready for Roehl's PreNup Agreement?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Adventureron, Apr 3, 2015.

1. bucksandducks

bucksandducks Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2007
    WI
    So is this contract prorated or not? I find it hard to believe it is not. I signed a prorated one when I went through their training program but that was over 15 years ago.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bucksandducks

bucksandducks Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2007
    WI
    The turnover rate in trucking is high because trucking companies want it high. If they can get their loads delivered by a bunch of new guys making 30 cpm instead of a bunch of experienced drivers making 50 cpm they will do it. My wife is a recruiter/hr person and was at a job fair yesterday. I stopped by to drop off some lunch. A couple of trucking companies had booths there. Just out of curiosity I went over to one. I asked what their top CPM was for experienced flatbed drivers was. After a long roundabout song and dance I got 36cpm for an answer. I smiled and said when I left my last company four years ago I was at 42 CPM. She wanted to know what kind of number I was looking for. I told her I now make $300 for eight or less hours a day running a locomotive and switching out cars at a rail yard. I would need at least 50 cpm and 600 miles and home every night to equal that. She said I was joking and I said I thought you were joking with the 30 something CPM for an experienced driver. I am sure they will find somebody to fill their seats though. As long as guys keep working for peanuts, companies will keep paying peanuts.

4. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    On a Facebook group I'm in, a person posted an ad for a trucking company that was looking for drivers. They required one year experience and pay by the mile. It said local, home every night, and get this, requiring one year experience they start out at 34cpm! Wow!

They got mad when I commented saying that a driver with a year experience shouldn't be working for less than 40cpm. They just told me it wasn't in my area so I shouldn't worry about it.

5. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    bucksandducks that's great pay at the rail yard. Who are you working for? W&S or BNSF?

6. Femalehaul

Femalehaul Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    I understand your question!

Although it's only $1.00 per week, I will be new to trucking so I was just curious did companies normally charge you for this. Until the recruiter sent me the email I didn't realize that they would take money out of your check for the king pen lock.
    So my questions are just because I do not know the ropes and was checking to see if they are requiring what's normal or not.

$1.00 here, $10.00 here, contract here....etc.
    I'm just a newbie looking for advice from others who have been doing this for a while to see who's fair and who's not.

7. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    The load locks are expensive, you're paying a deposit for it in case you lose them.

The prepass is $1/week... no big deal.

technoroom Thanks this.
  8. RavenHairedGemini

RavenHairedGemini Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Anywhere Away From There
    You're paying for more than the kingpin..... You pay the lock, the kingpin lock, the safety vest and the airlock cuff. Pre-pass is a buck. I'd hate paying for them week by week then really pay if they are lost...... No one can expect everything for nothing though..... I agree that warm bodies filling seats cheap is practiced at almost all carriers but its not limited to trucking. Even with a bachelor degree and 8 years designing military grade "things"..... I was offered at my "best" offer at $11.00 an hour, 65+ hours a week, no double time, overtime only after 40 and every weekend. 12 hours a day, 7 days a week was horse'''' when some sod without a GED was offered $15 and 40 no weekends doing the same job.

9. RavenHairedGemini

RavenHairedGemini Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Anywhere Away From There
    Just FYI.... I'd rather pay the dollar, then wait in line to go thru the cash booths, pay toll then request for rebursement cause if ROEHL sends you to a toll road they pay for them .... Just my 2 cents

technoroom Thanks this.
  10. Femalehaul

Apr 27, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    Thank you both for your responses.

So with Roehl you have to sign a contract to drive for 75,000 miles, pay $228 for the lock, & $1.00 for the pass. They pay .32 cents Per mile starting out and .34 cents in 6 months. You get to take your trick home after training and let the miles begin.

I have decided to go with Schneider. I have researched and their training is great, there is no contract, and during my phone interview today I will check that there are no hidden fees!!

11. Femalehaul

Apr 27, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    That should say TRUCK

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.