Are you sitting a lot lately?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Ziegy, Jun 2, 2015.

USX drivers: Are you sitting a lot lately?

1. Yeah, seems like freight has been slow.

38.5%
  2. I've been running about the same as usual.

46.2%
  3. No, I've actually been running hard lately.

15.4%
  1. WX4JCW

WX4JCW Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Our Dedicated (Central) is pretty good they keep us moving pretty well, we average 4700-6900 depending on how the loads fall on a pay period.

thaistick Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonewolf1780

Lonewolf1780 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2013
    columbus, oh
    Ok last week wasn't bad but now I have driven 431 miles in 2 days and my next load is only 234 miles and doesn't pick up till 9am. Talk to my fm and he said that there isn't any other freight around me right now so have to take the short run. I find this kinda hard to believe. But what do I know I'm just a truck driver. Hopefully everyone else is doing better then me

4. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
  5. Lonewolf1780

Jan 7, 2013
    columbus, oh
    Not yet I am looking into them but with the schedule I need there isn't much available. I am a divorced father and need to be able to get a weekend every month to see my daughter at a minimum.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  6. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    You live in a great area. USX should have plenty of options.

7. aargilb

aargilb Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I didn't like going solo OTR for USX. Lots of short runs. Ran it for 6 months. Did about 6/7 loads a week and averaged 2500 mi/week. Primarily in the Mid Atlantic and North East. They would occasionally shoot me out to Ohio, Indiana, South Carolina, etc. But next load I would be right back to the Mid Atlantic area. I also had a stint of about 2 months where I didn't get a load of over 700 miles. Frustrating.

I think they are using solo OTR drivers to run the Tractor Supply Hagerstown, MD account. I spent a ton of time up there.

BTW, I talked to a lot of TOTAL drivers and they all said they are averaging 3000-3500 miles week.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  8. Lonewolf1780

Jan 7, 2013
    columbus, oh
    I have been told where I live I have 3 options for dedicated 1 the dollar accounts which I have zero interest in 2 the Kroger account which won't work with me being able to see my daughter and 3 the Walmart tour which I have been thinking about. Especially right now the last 3 days I have driven 200.1 miles Wednesday 231.7 miles Thursday and 280 miles today. Have over half my clock left and get a preassign that picks up tomorrow and delivers Sunday that is a whole 458 miles. Thus is getting completely out of hand and no one has any answers. Talk to my fm and I get I will see what I can do and then nothing says he is gonna get me stacked for the weekend 458 miles is not stacked 1000 miles would be stacked.

9. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    Last week was better...5705 miles. Plus we got $200 for guarantee from last week. I noticed that we are not getting paid what they said we would 1.65 cpm less..... Our dispatcher is impossible to get ahold of, doesn't return calls, have to message him 2 to 3 times (hours in advance) to get the Ceva pickup number. I am assuming he must be new. Now if he doesn't respond within 60 minutes I jump up the chain of command. :) On the other hand, the night/weekend dispatchers are have been amazing. Easy to get ahold of, answers and explains questions when needed, friendly...had not been for them we probably wouldn't be here much longer.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  10. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Turned in my keys yesterday. These guys aren't interested in keeping their best people happy. Just want robots not drivers. It is a decent place to get a start but don't ever expect to be more than just another number regardless of how far above the call of duty you go. Have several offers on the table, a local gig at 800-1k a week, a training gig that says the can get me home most weekends paying in the 1200-1500 a week range and a DOD gig that is looking like 2250 a week that requires 4 weeks out 1 week off etc. Not sure which I want at this moment. one of my biggest complaint about USX was the home time and the reason I had been trying to get on a tour for the last 9 months, but to be honest I don't think operations ever really asked if there were any openings until I told them I was turning in the truck. Anyway I could go on for days about the garbage you will have to put up with there but there isn't much of a point now is there.

thaistick and TruckDuo Thank this.
  11. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    @BigBluePeter sorry that this happened to you.

I can't believe they didn't have some kind of dedicated gig for you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.