Arkansas Violation Warning

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by KPOTR, Aug 3, 2015.

1. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    So, any accident regardless of damage will count towards the driver's & companies CSA?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    How could a driver be given an inspection, 1 2 or 3 and not be aware he had it done. Just can't imagine anyone being that oblivious of what is going on.

4. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

With the drivers we have today it wouldn't surprise me.

5. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
  6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    My favorite CSA story is the driver who was minding his own business and a bridge fell on the truck. Truck had to be towed so therefore the company got assigned CSA points for high crash risk.

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  7. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    He just took down my personal info off of my license and the company info from the registration and proof of insurance for the accident report.

He never checked my BOL's, logs, (I offered) etc.

It's a wonder the guy wasn't killed. He was hauled off in an ambulance and his car totaled out. The first car he hit was pulled off by a wrecker. We had to take the wheels off off my front trailer axle and winch it to the frame so I could pull it safely to the frame shop to be repaired.

To top it off , when I got in that afternoon, I went directly to safety and compliance for my Post Accident Screen and I was told I didn't have to take one.

I was flabbergasted. I said there was $80,000 damage to three vehicles and he's in the ICU. Surely, you want me to pee for you. Nope.

The CSA points showed up. No biggie. They're gone now. I'm at Zero again

8. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Yep. This is a problem. Much like the accident I had and spoke of in this forum. Innocent parties should not be punished.

9. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah. The current crash csa category is flawed against those who are not at fault or involved in the accident. Take for example... remember that big Michigan accident on 94 with over 200 vehicles (cars/trucks) earlier this year. I wonder how that got wrote up............... did they even bother associating that with CSA? I honestly cant imagine them issuing inspections to every truck involved but then again.... I dont see why they wouldnt either.

10. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    My friend Tony had an accident at that 4 way stop at US70/79 and was at fault. The Arkansas DOT who responded to the accident didn't give him an inspection or anything, just took the report. The guy in the four wheeler was livid about the damage to his peeling paint 1993 Dodge Caravan and demanded a police report. Yes, you heard me, 1993. I told Tony on a good day that van might be worth $1500.

Tony said the officer shook his head at the fuss the guy was making.

11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    RustyBolt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.