Arnold Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tomtruckr, Jul 5, 2007.

1. truckdriver402

truckdriver402 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Orwell, OH
    Yeah, I have to drive to NY sometimes (it sucks in the winter!) and I often see Prolinks trucks at the "doubles compounds" by the tollbooths. They say Prolinks, but have an Arnold logo on the back of the trailer. Just saw them yesterday at the now-closed Ripley, NY truck stop.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. centralnyguy

centralnyguy Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Rome, NY
    Arnold was not bought out by US express they have been 80 % owned by them for quite awhile now. A man by the name of Mike walters owns the other 20% . I worked for arnold at the old prolinks terminal in Baldwinsville NY.. The dispatchers and driver managers talked to me and treated me like an absolute peice of garbage.. the first day my driver manager came into orrientation i could tell she had an attitude problem but I said to myself well maybe she is having a bad day I will let it go.. nope that was not the case at all, she and the other former pro link employees showed me nothing but disrespect and professionalism. They didnt have a clue how to dispatch.. I actually had to explain in deatail to my driver manager what PTA s and ETAs are. I left JB Hunt to come to this company which I know is comparing apples and oranges but if you can believe this they treated me ten times worse then JB did.
    Arnold constanty runs ads that say " All Roads Lead Home" after my experience with them I can see why all roads are leading home because all their drivers are quiting and going home. A driver once told me you can tell a bad trucking company by the ads they run in the news papers trying to recruit drivers.. if they have a bunch of $$$ signs saying we pay cash and all that garbage and the ads have alot car salesman type promises then they are probably not a good company.. Arnold constantly runs ads like that which is a good indication they have alot of driver turnover.. a couple things on the positive side was they did put me in a nice truck... 06 columbia condo and the pay was ok.. and there were not many mistakes... oh yeah.. I got stuck in there terminal driveway twice in the short 1 month time spand I was there... the maint guys would go home and it would snow and they would come in and there would be trucks stuck all over the yard that had been there all night waiting for someone to come and get them out. they had a greasy filthy shower for drivers to shower in in the mechanics garage and after the shop guys would go home you would have to use an out house outside for the bathroom. a couple times I was outside the dispatch rooms listening in to the dispatchers and driver managers they did not know i was there and they would be refering to the drivers as no good #######
    all this Im telling you is the honest to God truth..

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I believe you driver. I used to date a lady who worked for GTI out of Pacific Wa as a C/S rep who said the office workers considered the drivers to be nothing more then Hobo's on wheels.

When I worked at May trucking they had a security door between you and the dp office and you had to talk into a box in the wall like you where a stranger at a shipping dock.

USX separated the drivers from the offices employees with locked doors and Plexiglass shields with a hole cut out to talk through.

Only Interstate Dist seemed to treat their drivers like fellow employees at the four OTR company's I have worked at in my career. You ate together, took breaks in the same lounge, and where even given a badge so you could get in to talk to your dispatcher. It blew my mind when I started working there since that was the first OTR company that I worked at that did not treat you like you get treated at your average grocery whse.

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Whenever you go to apply in person for a job and find bulletproof glass and locked doors between you and those charged with your oversight, the best thing you can do is turn around and walk right back out, becuase it will be obvious how they treat their drivers.

6. roadtime549

roadtime549 Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2008
    FL
    sorry bout your bad luck Covenant hired me & the wife as a team and the "unhired" her the same way you got unhired,same type of B.S> excuse.

7. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    This guy had an accident! Enough said. Accidents make you "persona non-grata" at even the worst companies! I guess everyone chose to overlook this obvious fact and stay with the ol' "he got screwed" mantra. C'mon people, wake up!

8. jcroom76

jcroom76 Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Dallas,Tx
    Now I may be wrong but according to what I read, the OP was let go because of his lack of recent driving experience NOT the accident...You should wake up :sleepy2:and try reading better, and not be so quick to judge others on their misfortune. And im sure you would feel screwed if that happened to you.

roaddawg92 Thanks this.
  9. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    could of been both lack of recent experince and the accident.

10. ellis44

ellis44 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2007
    ocean springs MS
    yes they do use auto shift

11. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    been with Arnold since beginning of oct. out of jax. terminal. WAAAAY better than USA truck. IMO!!
    miles are less than USA, BUT they actually pay for detention and other acessorials (sp?) AND try like HELL to get you home on 1-2 weekend days (out 11-14) ONLY ONCE (so far) have i NOT gotten home on fri. night and left on mon. AM

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
    ellis44 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.