ask your questions about prime inc here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bartage, May 6, 2009.

1. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Starting school soon for my class A and my first choice for a company so far seems to be Prime.
    I've Read through probably 1,000+ pages about the company now and I've found some people hinting that Prime primarily hires PSD and Experienced drivers; that they sometimes stay away from new drivers who already have their CDL.
    Is this at all true?

Where I'm at and what (I think) I'm looking for in a company has Prime standing out from others by a longshot so I'm looking for the most surefire way to get my foot in the door.
    I've got one speeding ticket and one at-fault both from two years ago. No citation given for the at-fault. No criminal record whatsoever. Solid job history (quick a couple jobs without giving a full two week notice - not sure how picky they are about that)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flipz34

flipz34 Light Load Member

May 19, 2014
    Abilene TX
    I came here from school with a CDL already. Several in my orientation class did as well. As long as your background check goes ok don't think you would have an issue

CasanovaCruiser Thanks this.
  4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    They're always desperate for drivers.

They'll take you.

Good Luck

5. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Baxley, GA
    Incorrect. Prime is desperate for nothing.

Also, we no longer take CDL school graduates, only new students or experienced drivers.

6. flipz34

flipz34 Light Load Member

May 19, 2014
    Abilene TX
    As of when? They were hiring graduates back in May.

7. JimmyBones

May 14, 2011
    Baxley, GA
    Not sure precisely. It's what Jack Ewing told me when I asked him why there were no TNTs for me.

8. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Personally called a recruiter the other day and he said they'd take me on as a recent grad with my Class A. Talked about training pay and everything, didn't seem to be a problem.

9. JimmyBones

May 14, 2011
    Baxley, GA
    I don't claim to know what those suits are doing, just what operations told me.

10. Jdunlap@1

Jdunlap@1 Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Columbus, Georgia
    JimmyBones
    My husband application has been accepted by Prime but he big question is will I get to see him? We live in Columbus Georgia about 100 south of Atlanta. Its good money but don't wanna take the risk of our children not seeing him for a month at a time.

11. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Medium Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    Can you deal with that in the short term? Can you make that sacrifice for a year or two? If the answer is no then y'all may want to reconsider coming to Prime. The training program is excellent and I have many positives to say about the company. Home time policies are not one of them. He will stay out a month at a clip. Almost no getting around that. If being home often is something that is non-negotiable, then I would find different company to work for. If you can make a short term sacrifice for long term gains, Prime will be a very rewarding choice.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.