Assessorial Pay

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Thull, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Thull

Thull Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Any of you guys in Tanker know about the assessorial pay? I asked my DBL to give me a print out showing what all I get paid for & she claimed she could not give me that info because then she would be "Legally" binding to that saying it could come back on here...really??? She said she could tell me the different pays & "I, Myself" could write them down but she could not produce it. Any of you guys know this to be true? This sounds strange to me, I mean how can I know if my paycheck is correct if I have no idea of how I'm supposed to be paid??? I know the $35 for unloading & $25 for loading but I'm talking about everything else. Trailer shuttle, short runs, layover, detention, etc. I know nothing. This seem correct to you guys??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    You're stiill on your 90 day dbl right? Wait til you get to your regular board.

Can ask this guy too, former TE @ethos

Thull Thanks this.
  4. Thull

Thull Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Yea still on my 90 day & thanks! This just seemed weird to me. Just like during training they told us once you get out of training & get your DBL you can get them to opt you out of per diem pay. Well we finally get a DBL & ask her to opt us out & she says "you HAVE to be on it for 60 days". I'm like what the hell?? How you gonna MAKE me take something I don't want? That's like saying I HAVE to buy health,dental, & vision insurance or I HAVE to contribute to 401K...

5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Welcome to Schneider!

milehunter43, sicksfeet and Thull Thank this.
  6. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    you havent gotten to regular board yet so this 90 day dbl is right on the per diem stuff. their job is strictly to get you functional as driver.

7. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^^^ Ya know I drive for an independent, so I have no clue. Sorry, @Thull . Keep us apprised; sounds interesting. btw: <accessorial> pay.
    Keep on keeping on, bro~!

Thull Thanks this.
  8. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Per diem is weird. When I started I was told I could get off per diem whenever I wanted to including the day I got my truck. I was lazy to research and finally got off of it last week and it was an extremely painless process. I'd consider going over their head, doesn't sound like the correct answer

9. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ps: How are things in Baton Rouge? Still crazy?!?! Just wow.

10. Thull

Thull Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Lo thanks for the correction bro!

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. mindes

mindes Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Crestview, Fl
    When I finished orientation, I was handed a packet that had all of that information in it for my home oc.

This is van but they should do it for bulk as well.

I think this information is on crossroads as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.