At least 2 dead in 30 vehicle crash on westbound I-96 near Fowlerville

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by chico9696, Dec 8, 2016.

1. chico9696

chico9696 Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2009
    USA
    At least 2 dead in 30 vehicle crash on westbound I-96 near Fowlerville
    [​IMG]
    By News 10
    Posted: Thu 10:57 AM, Dec 08, 2016

Fowlerville, Mich (WILX) UPDATE - 10:35 a.m.

The Michigan State Police confirm that at least two people are dead following a crash involving multiple vehicles on I-96 westbound near Fowlerville.

Eastbound I-96 will be closed at M-52 through at least 1pm due to the accidents in the Fowlerville area.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A crash involving more than 30 vehicles on westbound I-96 near Fowlerville has shut down the highway.

Multiple injuries have been reported. Livingston County Central dispatch reports that the crash happened about 9:45 a.m. and has closed the highway in both directions.

News 10 has a crew en route to the accident. Stay with WILX.com and News 10 for updates as more information becomes available.

tinytim and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Three died, two from Ann Arbor and one from Hollywood Florida who I assume was in the truck that was slammed into the rear of a trailer.

4. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    People do not believe how fast a whiteout can occur in winter weather, esp lake effect snow.

Prayers for the families of those involved.

5. Jmans

Jmans Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Bummer. Just today traffic came to a sudden stop(wasn't snowing though and was an exit ramp) and I keep an eye in my rear view. See a Volvo truck coming a little too fast(don't know what company he was with) ,even though I panicked braked my lights ,I can tell he wasn't paying attention , still looking,I didn't see him slowing down,first thing that came to my mind was "is this truck loaded?",if so,my daughter and I are dead . So I gunned it out(Freeway was clear thank God). He stopped on time not to hit the vehicle in front of me,but I believe he would have at least tapped me.
    I sure as hell didn't want to find out,especially with my 3 year old in the car with me. People really have to be careful out there.

Lepton1 and tinytim Thank this.
  6. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Michigan is almost as bad as Ontario Canada for tailgating .. its not uncommon to see 10 trucks or more in a group 8 to 10 feet off each other's bumper doing 65?mph regardless of road conditions .. it's sad to see ppl die but it's a reoccurring thing over there and really should be enforced I'm sure it pays the state more than all the 5 mph over tickets they hand out

tinytim Thanks this.
  7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Think of the few ounces of fuel saved by those trucks platooning. Another benefit of our wonderful 65 mph law.

I must be retarded; I prefer to go 62 or so and let them all pass slowly...

bigguns, magoo68 and tinytim Thank this.
  8. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Governed trucks and split speed limits. Can't think of a better way to create a big pack.

ira1377 and magoo68 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.