Attention all company drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I remember that time I was getting sued. Man that Lawyer was helpful

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sleeve62

sleeve62 Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Rittman, Ohio
    Some years ago I was hauling steel , leased to A company called Roadstar. There were grievances related to low rates fuel costs etc. . A meeting was set up on A Saturday morning at A Holiday Inn located in Brecksville, Ohio. Representatives from the local steel mill were present to discuss the issues. The spokesman for the mill stated his case succinctly. " The steel producers don't care if the rates are 40 cents/hundred weight or 45 cents/hundred weight........the cost is passed along to the buyer. The haulers undercut one another, providing lower and lower weight rates to secure the business. As is always the case the drivers insulate the companies on both ends of the spectrum. With owner operators the trucker protects the " suits " from traffic jams, flat tires, snow storms , truck maintenance and fuel costs, down time from inspections, traffic citations , always the threat of loss of livelihood . The regulations , as they say , " grow like topsy ". Searches of your vehicle, prohibitions of such things as shaving lotion or mouth wash containing alcohol. You turn around and find you are immersed in A profession that requires you to give up your constitutional rights. The bureaucrats continue to formulate solutions in search of problems. Since the birth of the CDL and the myriad regulations that followed , how have conditions improved. What has deregulation done for the worker ? We hear A lot about the draconian enforcement conditions we live under; but never how the national economy , the working people have benefitted. Franklin said " Any law passed except for A dire emergency is A form of tyranny " . It so true, we get the kind of government we deserve. Mike

4. Jdubduke

Jdubduke Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2012
    As long as its not slander, there is nothing they can do or say about what is said on here. AND IF THEY DON'T WANT ANYTHING NEGATIVE ON HERE THEN THEY SHOULD REALLY CONSIDER DOING WHAT THEY PROMISE THEIR DRIVERS AND STUDENTS AND STOP SCREWING THEM OVER!!! TO ALL COMPANIES: CARE FOR YOUR DRIVERS AND YOUR DRIVERS WILL CARE FOR YOU. MORAL?: TAKE CARE OF THEM AND THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!! MORE CARE=MORE MONEY!!!!!!! DUH!

5. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Companies much like drivers are a dime a dozen. Both will abuse and mistreat each other, it's a larger issue with society. It's difficult for an organization to treat people better, when the ideas of what better is are split amongst "x" number of drivers. On the other hand, drivers are people and people do stupid things, things that sometimes aren't in their best intrests. People that run companies are also people, they also do stupid things from time to time. I don't think most companies care what drivers post on here, there will still be applicants and everyone's experience will vary.

altonon and AfterShock Thank this.
  6. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    Sounds like Aristolian philosophy- All 'S' is 'P'. Agreed.

Meltom Thanks this.
  7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Seems to me, -----------
    If a Big truck truckin' company was nice enough to listen to it's Big truck truck drivers and cared enough to implement their suggestions concerning how management runs the business, --- within six months, or less, said business would be out of same, --- as the Big truck truck drivers jump ship to other Big truck truckin' companies, ...... in search of that special Big truck truckin' company where they deliver "better treatment", the best equipment, top dollar pay, ..... and include their employees in any decisions concerning business policy.

Big truck truck drivers aren't greedy,
    :biggrin_25512: ---
    they don't want everything.
    :biggrin_25512:
    Just all of it. :smt045 :evil3: :smt112
    So easy to understand, --- even a caveperson could comprehend the situation.
    What I fail to understand is, .................
    why the Big truck truck drivers don't.
    :smt017:dontknow::confused4:

Milr72 Thanks this.
  8. southerndude

southerndude Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    SC
    Ok... I have a question:

I know I am only a wannabe, but I have been reading and reading and researching this industry and more I do, the more I see how laws, regulations and conditions have made things much harder on the TRUCK DRIVER and how more and more responsibility has been removed from the TRUCKING COMPANY and placed on the DRIVER. Now... when ever there is something that goes wrong, (and there will always be something) the blame can be placed directly on the DRIVER. A commodity that this industry never seems to run out of.

A DRIVER doesn't get paid for all of the work they do because they are not paid by the hour but by the mile. The company pushes them to "make more miles" because if that truck sits, they don't make money and they convince the DRIVER that they need to do this to benefit themselves. In reality though the more they push, the likely some sort of mistake will happen.

No need to worry there though because once a mistake occurs it is "all on the driver" and they can be easily replaced.

SO HERE IS MY BIG QUESTION:

Truck Drivers control the goods that go to the American people. Everything that anyone purchases is delivered on a truck.

If things have gotten this bad... this egregious, has anyone ever thought of organizing some sort of nationwide STRIKE that would address these terrible conditions? If only 1/4 to 1/2 of truckers participated, it would bring the economy to its knees. It would take all of a week to make people wake up and see how terrible conditions have gotten for the worker that works FOR THEM!

I know... it would be difficult to implement... but not impossible. What are your thoughts?

9. j3411

j3411 Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Buckner, Il
    There are numerous ways that truck drivers get paid. Some are mileage based, some percentage and some hourly. If a driver believes he is not getting paid correctly he can either...
    A) bring it to the attention of the company and get the pay. or...
    B) find a different company that pays them the way they want.

The name of this game ( trucking ) is moving freight. It's what the trucking companies are in the business of doing. That requires a truck driver to run miles to deliver the freight. At times it is a walk in the park, nice easy run. Other times it's tough, and requires the truck driver to put more into it than point and steer.

If just starting out you already think or believe that running the miles is somehow not going to "fit" into your life. It's just not "fair" pay for work done. Please by all means feel free to NOT take that kind of job.

10. southerndude

southerndude Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    SC
    I guess my post did sound a little doomsayers, however that is what happens when you "talk" with text rather than face to face. The true meaning of the speaker is rarely conveyed well.

I appreciate your thoughts. According to your profile, you've been a trucker for many years and have seen the changes I have only read about. I guess why I address the concerns I have is that I keep reading how the trucking industry is really set up for failure. How can a newbie like myself interested in getting into this industry succeed if the entire system we are going into is set against us? I want the real thoughts of experienced drivers like yourself on this matter. Is what I am reading false? Or... is this downward escalator I am about to climb only getting faster making it impossible for me to get to the top?

11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    My thoughts?
    Hmmmmmmmmmm ------
    :smt017

Well SouthernDude, your proposal sounds good, --- in theory. But in reality the reaction from folks inconvenienced would probably have an adverse effect. When Joe can't find a six-pack and soccer moms can't find any gas for the SUV, they're gonna be angry at someone. Not knowing the details of the reason for a strike, they're likely to put the blame on the Big truck truck drivers instead of trying to understand the reasons for the situation. They might read about it in newspapers, or hear it from a talking head on the six-0-cloock news, --- if those sources can manage to report accurately, and folks will listen.
    But what are the odds?

I'm thinkin' the results would be that the general public would blame all the Big truck truck drivers for inconveniencing their everyday lives.
    One step forward, --- two steps back.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.