Auto trans !!!

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by blukatnga, Aug 2, 2015.

1. blukatnga

blukatnga Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Warwick, Ga
    Dang, Just bought our truck (my brother and I) a couple months ago and partnered up. I drive, he makes deposits...lol. Got a great deal @ a sherrif's auction on a 2008 FL w/800k on Detroit 60 series automatic in Memphis, Tn. We live in Cordele, Ga. Picked it up, drove it 600 miles to GA with no major problems. We have spent at least another $5k getting the truck DOT/road ready and all the insurance, taxes etc...
    A few things have popped up that we didn't expect (air bags), tires, tires,more tires but each time I drove it to its appointments it drove and shifted well.... Until today.
    Went in to town and stopped at stop light and the check tranny light comes on. Truck will not move. I get a "F" on gear selector gauge. Finally goes in gear, won't get past 5th, check tranny light going nuts...grrrrr!
    Babied it 20 miles back home. No other noises from transmission. Problem occurs when tranny needs
    to down shift or up shift. Shifts out on the highway. I'm thinking some type of shift module or sensor. I've never had an auto trans so I am lost.
    I was supposed to be getting on down the road about Tuesday with our Lessor. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    It could simply be the clutch getting thin also. ALOT of the older ones im told double clutch instead of computer controlled floating.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    blukatnga Thanks this.
  4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    It def. could be your clutch overheating

blukatnga Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.