Average miles with Melton

Discussion in 'Melton' started by flipz34, Mar 1, 2015.

1. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Do you ever run through SoCal? Often or seldom? Pass through or drop there? Maybe a terminal in SoCal?;0

Are your trips between 500 to 700 or 1000 to 1300? What about appointments; are they scheduled with just enough time or do they often have sitting time?

Does DOT inspect you a lot or just randomly?

What are the worst types of loads you get from time to time? And why?

I'm curious now
    Thanks haha

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Corruptdigit

Corruptdigit Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Run SoCal often, no terminals there. They are in Laredo and Tulsa.

Miles vary. Anywhere from 450 to 3000. 800 to 1500 more often then not. Not much sit time. 1-2 hours normally. Appointments are pretty good. Occasionally I will run into a shipper problem, but that is just the industry.

Been with Melton almost a year and yet to be harassed by DoT.

Haul steel, lumber, pvc pipe. Steel poles, vans, foam panels, fence, roofing, liquid fertilizer, oil field pipe, ac units, coils, just to name a few. About 60% tarp loads.

The worst load has been the foam insulation. Just because I had to tarp it with no safety equipment and it was a big as a box van. Lifting the 90lb. Tarps up that skinny ### ladder was a pain. No forklift around cause it was late. :\

truckthatpassesyouby Thanks this.
  4. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I really appreciate your feedback I'll make sure I take a note of all of this. I'll give them a call in a few months

5. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Talked to a recruiter this morning and got the answer "2300-2500" for average weekly miles.

6. Corruptdigit

Corruptdigit Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Believe it or not....that recruiter told you accurate nfo..... ;)

CasanovaCruiser Thanks this.
  7. TexSteve

TexSteve Bobtail Member

May 15, 2012
    East Texas
    Not sure where you got those numbers but not even close. .06 extra per mile for HazMat and Canada and extra .11 per mile for oversize.

8. TexSteve

TexSteve Bobtail Member

May 15, 2012
    East Texas
    No. How long you stay out has no direct bearing on your per mile pay. Melton increases driver pay at each 120,000 mile increment you reach (Melton miles). They also do across the board pay increases periodically and are consistently rated in the top 5% of companies in driver pay.

Tonitos Thanks this.
  9. JoeBear

JoeBear Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Houston, Tx
    That was this past may 2015 last time I had numbers like that I hit my year mark and bailed ( 2 week notice returned truck were and when they wanted it) I work locally for an environmental company pay is better and home every night. Another 1.5 yrs here and I'll have enough tanker and hazmat experience to go into hauling gas. Cause I hate day shift and want that night shift differential and roating schedule.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.