Average service time-Kenworth

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by XCELERATIONRULES, Jul 26, 2015.

1. XCELERATIONRULES

XCELERATIONRULES Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2014
    My truck has broken down a few times,first dealer had it repaired in 1 day.2nd brake down,waited two weeks for parts.This time,one week,with no diagnosis yet?
    Any input appreciated?
    15 T 680

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I've noticed that if you bought the truck from a particular dealer and regularly stop there for parts and service they generally try their best to get you in/out the same day. Back when my dad was trucking, KW would usually get him in and out the same day if it was an emergency (IE something that would keep him from going to work the next day). For other stuff that didn't compromise the safety or productivity of the truck they'd do their best to make sure he was good to go for Sunday night.

XCELERATIONRULES Thanks this.
  4. Caterpillar Cowboy

Caterpillar Cowboy Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Wyoming
    What have you been 'broke down' with? Changing a taillight will be a little quicker of a job than doing an in frame.

5. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Depends on who's changing the tail light:D

12 ga and Caterpillar Cowboy Thank this.
  6. truckinmachine

truckinmachine Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I think it depends on where you are taking it to get the work done. i have had far better luck going to KW then peterbilt. ask them when you are there how many trucks they have before yours can be looked at. if i go to a place and they tell me they cant look at it for a week because they got 40 trucks ahead of me i go elsewhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.