Averitt express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Bubba020, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Bubba020

Bubba020 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Trucking has changed, I'm suppose to attend orientation with averritt on 09/2/2013. But here's the problem in was being recruited by one dispatcher an was offer one pay rate an she told me that she was leaving the company someone else will fishish up my process. A gave a two week notice to my old job now the new dispatcher is telling me that i dnt have the experience for the pay that the first recuiter told me it seem like a game that they play.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GreyHound

GreyHound Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Then dont go and tell them that.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I agree with greyhound...the way i look at it is this...if they play this bait & switch type with you now, what do you think will happen once you get in the door?

5. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    That's easy enough for GreyHound to say. [And drvrtech77 thinks it's brilliant
    : 0) ]. This is absolutely unacceptable on Averitt's part and it's not all that unusual--very much one of the ways trucking companies abuse new drivers.

Truck drivers have so far failed, refused or neglected to stand up as a group and demand respect and fair treatment for ALL truck drivers. In fact, you have those here who actively attack other drivers' opinions with snarky, insulting comments. At present, we have no way to intervene when bad stuff like this happens. We have no where to turn despite that trucking, expecially OTR trucking, has over a 100% turnover.

That over 100% turnover rate should right there demonstrate the need for a better deal for the backbone of the country--truck drivers. For starters, we could educate the public on the poor treatment drivers receive from trucking companies, both before and after hire.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    gearjamin Thanks this.
  6. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Tell them " i agreed to XX per mile... otherwise i'm not coming" and don't fall for the we can work it out when you get here..... ask them to fax that in writing, it's like saying goodbye only nicer

7. Sanddragon

Sanddragon Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Averritt Post on its website exactly how much they are paying for every driving position they are offering. So do your own math. You told them how much experience you have and wrote it down, I am assuming? Figure out how much time you have and figure it from there, just like they did>I don't work for them but I have been on their website a few times checking out local work. Good Luck. if you only need a few months more of otr to move up the scale then just do the time. Good Luck

8. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    And I suppose you never heard of a driver responding to an 'up to 40 cents/mile' and getting offer of 28 cents... or less. At present, companies get away with luring drivers out to orientation then pressuring them this way or that once there. They should do their due diligence BEFORE orientation, and if they haven't be responsible for ALL COSTS.

This driver quit his job for Pete's sake. I'd say Averitt owes him at least the equivalent of 3 months severance.

9. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    There are guys/gals that fell for Heartlands "MAKE $0.50 CPM" bologna....and found out the hard way (by not doing their homework first) that was pay for 100 mile or less runs in the northeast. Be careful, and do your homework.

10. bigmikectn

bigmikectn Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Cleveland, TN
    I drove for Averitt for 19 mos and it was a great experience. They treated me with respect. My pay was always accurate and I didn't have to fight for detention, drop pay, etc. Great benefits. Home every weekend. Miles were usually 2200 per week. Nice service centers. Most shops were good. I left the industry but if I ever go back I'd run back to Averitt. I have a thread under the trucking company dac reports that starts day one to the day I quit.

ChainBinder Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.