Avoid the Exit 163 CB Shop on I-40 in Dickson, TN!

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Voltrucker, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Voltrucker

Voltrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    West TN
    Heard of too many drivers radios quiting after leaving there after getting their radio worked on. Biggest joke ever. Piss poor techs. They're begging for business on the CB and sadly drivers fall for their tricks and get their radios hacked up. Avoid this shop at ALL costs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cadillacdude1975

cadillacdude1975 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    i have been there a few times and have never felt they were bad. matter of fact, i believe they are on the whitelist of CB shops here on TTR. that place has been there since god knows when. i guess anything is possible.

4. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Gotta DISAGREE whole hearted with you--good prices--good people--open 24/7 and if you do have a problem as far as I know they will make it right!

5. Voltrucker

Sep 24, 2012
    West TN
    I've done business myself before. Won't ever be back. They have like 4 different "techs" so you never know who will be hacking up your radio. This is a half ### shop. I guarantee it.

6. handlebar

handlebar Heavy Load Member

Volt,
    Any chance you don't like their work because they differed with you about your opinions of coax choices for base use? Over in that thread, and in the face of a fair amount of technical information to the contrary from several of us, you maintained that RG-213 is the best base coax, but without any substantiation.
    Did you mayhap have a similar discussion with the techs at that shop about the same topic and decide that they were unqualified because they told you the same thing the rest of us did in the other thread?
    Just an observation and a hypothesis.
    Handlebar

7. Voltrucker

Sep 24, 2012
    West TN
    No, that other thread had nothing to do with this one. Only reason I said 213 was best for base use is because it handles more power than mini 8. 213 is made just for base use. It'd be impossible to use it in a mobile because its so stiff. I have a base station and I run 213. But back to the topic of the thread. If all of y'all knew what I know, y'all wouldn't step back in that shop. I've seen installations by them and boy lemme tell you, it was awful. And their so called "techs" aren't any better. I've always looked at it like this, if a CB Shop is always advertising on 19, it's no good. But if a shop never advertises, it's a good one.

8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I have to agree with the OP.

I've used that shop for years, until recently.

The quality of service, lack of knowledge, and general attitude has fallen dramatically. I won't be using them anymore.

I recently stopped in, asked if they could do a Mod on a radio. He guy says yes. I bring the radio in, and he says...Oh no, I don't know anything about that radio. Can't do the work.

So which is it? Can they do the work? Or not?

All I needed was a simple jumper installed. I had to do the work myself, once I got home and got access to the tools. 10 minutes tops.

9. Voltrucker

Sep 24, 2012
    West TN
    What kind of radio?

10. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    HR 2510 -- old Uniden Schematics easily found

11. Voltrucker

Sep 24, 2012
    West TN
    Those are well known radios. That shop is just a joke. If you're ever needing radio work done just stop a few miles up the road at the 126 on I-40. He runs ch20 and he goes by woodchuck. GREAT man and GREAT tech.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.