Back from TMC orientation in south carolina

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bangngears, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Fratsit

Fratsit Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    Hey Marine...

Out of curiosity, why are you not allowed to store anything in the side boxes?

R/

Frat

otrtruckerscott Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida

I had this same problem with TMC verifying past employment, call the IRS and have them fax your previous years W-2's if you dont still have them yourself, TMC will accept that as verification and its totally free!

Baack Thanks this.
  4. newtrucker77

newtrucker77 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Mooreville MS
    thanks for the advise harleymanjax, ill do that

5. MarineVet32935

MarineVet32935 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Travelers Rest, SC
    That was never explained, but my guess is for security. When you drop and hook, you'd have to leave the keys for the side box with the trailer. I'd bet a lot of them are just lost out there. But, the keys to the headache rack are with the ignition key.

Baack, Rawlco, davan2004 and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. Fratsit

Fratsit Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    That would certainly make sense. Thanks for the feedback.

R/

Frat

7. Fastlane08

Fastlane08 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Kennesaw,GA
    I don't see where TMC is slowing down.... I just submited an app. in tonight. I have had to make 3 runs to Macon ,GA in the last 2 days and I have seen these guys everywhere. I know there was 4 TMC trucks southbound on I-75 today between Atl. and Macon. If this is considered slow I definetly need to get in for the busy season LOL . Congrats to the new hire!

8. wvwarlock

wvwarlock Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Walkertown,NC

Yeah i seen alot of their trucks coming back from columbia but i would say 80% of them was empty so take it for what it's worth.

9. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Well its a fact that 50% of the time it will be empty LOL
    They run through here all the time seems to be as busy as anybody

10. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    TMC is removing any trailer sideboxes that people damage, rather than fix them. Your headache rack is large enough to put your stuff in most of the time, although if there is a sidebox I will use it.

Marinevet: That does suck when somebody drops a trailer and keeps their own tarps. I always informed TMC that the load was untarped and went to a truckstop to get someone with a forklift to put the tarps up.

11. trucking?

trucking? Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2008
    charlotte,nc
    For anyone out there wondering, TMC just closed orientation in Columbia. I'm in school right now and some past students stopped in that went with TMC. They said that the class started with 31 and was already down to 18. Then they told us that their class was the last one for Columbia. A guy in our class that was already talking to TMC called to confirm. The woman said anyone from our area would have to go to Des Moines.

Baack Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.