Back n the day

Discussion in 'Werner' started by rookiewmay, Aug 13, 2015.

1. rookiewmay

rookiewmay Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Tucson,Az
    My grandpa always had a cb in his car, coming back from visiting there grand kids a man pulled next to them and pulled a gun trying to get him to pull over. Ol George fired up the cobra and said want was taking place. A truck driver told my grandpa to exit at the next rest area, the trucker got in between grandpa and the gunman then Called the police . The trucker even went to the rest area and stayed with them till the police arrived'

I have only been on the road for a few months , I assumed trucking was more like motorcycle riders
    and had a bond just because they love bikes.
    And always help each other, teach , pass on knowledge from the old school riders to the new riders, it's called passion, and helping another fellow man learn the ways.
    We'll I guess we all knew how to back shift move tandems because of school??? Or from a good old school trucker that was proud to share his knowledge. Not sit in his cab making a video of someone that is trying to better himself or herself. You know dam well none of you were great when you first started.
    Share the knowledge. And stop the super trucker attitude we are all equal it's not your glory anyway so give it to god and help your fellow trucker next time.

Oldman49 and Puppage Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    kinda hard to share info over the CB, hardley anyone uses them. trucks still ahve wring for them, just no one installs them.it has move to a digital world

4. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    I've noticed a HUGE change in trucking since '08-'09, when the recession hit. Suddenly a TON of folks who likely vilified truck drivers previously, all of the sudden wanted an automatic Volvo and 80k a year. Reminds me of the meteoric rise of country music years ago where every pop star and their Mom felt the impetuous winds. Alan Jackson said it best when he said "there's no country stuff left"

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Share the knowledge ???

Stop acting like a dick, and you may be surprised..............

I stopped offering assistance long ago, for this very reason.

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  6. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Knowledge?
    If I had any I would be doing something easy!

taxihacker66 Thanks this.
  7. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    This is going to get interesting. Time to make another pitcher of iced tea and enjoy the festivities.

8. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I'll make the popcorn.

9. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Confused. Did someone sit and video you struggle with your tandems?

Make some sense, and I might have an answer for you that will most likely tick you off more than help you.

We just had a "sliding tandems, would you help" thread around here...and I said "yes I would". Sorry that most of these lazy steering wheel holders like to sit in their driver seat and gauck out their windows...but there's really nothing I can do about it except 'be me'.

mrdot, taxihacker66 and Canned Spam Thank this.
  10. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Well said...

11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    That is what you get when you "assume" anything. . .

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.