Bad CB shop/Good CB shop

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by joshmck1982, Sep 15, 2011.

1. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    It was new in the box from Hodges Marine. Of course that was just the inverter. That price did not include another $250 or so for 25' of 2/0 copper cable, adhesive heat shrink, terminals, a big battery feed fuse and holder, bulkhead clamps. I used my own tools and time, so there's that free install that others might have to pay someone to do.

You can spend a lot more too. This one is not waterproof. It's probably not certified to never shake apart in a commercial truck. No shore power connection. No remote power switch. The ones at truck dealers are probably a heavier duty spec and, of course, also marked up substantially, just like anything else a dealer sells and services.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kc0iv

kc0iv Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Parkville, Mo
    Amazon has the Xantrex PROWatt 2000 Inverter, Model# 806-1220 for $360.09
    Power Output: 1800 Watts Sine Wave

kc0iv
    leon

4. CREASEY TRANS

CREASEY TRANS Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I use the cb shop at the petro in little rock ar or at the forty niner truck stop in ca have never had a problem and prices were very resonable

5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Different people with different standards think of different things as problems. Some people think that if they can talk and hear 5 miles that there is no problem. Some people think that if they can talk and hear 10 miles then there is no problem. Some people think that if they can talk 20 miles but can only hear 3 miles then there is no problem. If I can't hear within a one hour radius of my location to me that's a big problem.

6. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth

"One hour radius" wow that's the kind of receive i could live with!

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    After all these years I've kind of taken it for granted but I need to keep reminding myself that lots of people have never experienced it

8. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    You got that one right, i have contacted people pretty much all around the world but have never ever been close to that sort of receive!

9. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    The closest equivalent most people could say that they've come to accomplishing that is with a stock radio set up as a base station up high on a mountain with a big giant antenna way up in the air.
    Down on the flatlands us big trucks with tiny antennas 8 feet off the ground need all the help we can get.
    That's where a good technician comes into play

Ougigoug Thanks this.
  10. maninthemoon1

maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    So if there is a mountain between you and a buddy traveling 5 miles in front of ya , you hear every word he says and there's no fade in his signal right ? Hmm , we used to use 30 to 50 ft masts in erecting communication antennas in 29 Palms Ca , while out on the live fire ranges , and a relay always had to be established atop O.P. Crampton , without it there was no communication from the HQ battalion and the training range the other side of the mountain.

11. maninthemoon1

maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    Technicians can't do miracles rabbi , they can tune you perfectly. They just can't remove every device out there that could interfere with someone's signal not getting to you from 5 miles away , it doesn't mean you have a problem.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.