Bad fan blower switch?

Discussion in 'Mack Forum' started by Flash Gordan, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Flash Gordan

Flash Gordan Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Been driving a 07' CHN613 the last few months. And haven't really needed the heater when its been cooler. But now with summer upon us, I've had to use the A/C more and more. My problem is that I've been burning out the fan control switch. Replaced it four times over the last couple months. I'm tired of bandaiding the problem and just want it fixed once and for all. So what do I really need to do?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    CK. to find out how much power. the fan is pulling on diff. settings? CK the coil looking thing next to fan motor (resitor) can cause motor to run only at hi. speed an draw alot of power ck. for one of coils burnt in half on it also

4. Flash Gordan

Apr 29, 2015
    When the switch is replaced, all fan speeds work. Which makes me think that it's not a bad resistor. Besides that, I replaced the resistor along with the third burned out switch.

5. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    CK. the blower at all speeds to see if its on its last leg and pulling so much power that its melting your switch after a short time?

6. Flash Gordan

Apr 29, 2015
    That would mean that I have to replace the switch again and check the power draw at the blower motor? Around how much power should it be pulling if the motor is in perfect condition?

7. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    The ele. motor will have a tag with info. on amps used stamped on it, CK. your plug in conn. closest to motor an ck. for green on prongs inside con. also wires for cracking on insul.

8. dick sachs

dick sachs Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2016
    the best thing to do is replace the connector for the blower switch. macks have been notorious for burning up control panels and only solution I found was to replace connector.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.