Bad fuel

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Peanut Butter, May 8, 2016.

1. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Shhh, let them think that loves fuel comes from this plant only, and pilot gets their fuel from a gold plated plant over the other side of grandma's house.

People would #### if they knew loves and pilot and ta share fuel nozzles at the depot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I only use Carquest brand motor oil at home, I would never ever put Valvoline in anything I owned. :)

Junkyarddog5958 and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  4. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    It's just funny how I got crap in my fuel at loves and no where else. When I fueled primarily at loves boom black junk in fuel, quit fuel in there and it's not happening. The one loves I fueled at and had problems one of the gals that works there told me she can't get gas in her car there at that loves because if she does it plugs up her gas filter on her car. Her husband had to drop.the tank and clean it out and replace the filter. I'm not fueling at loves anymore.

5. Junkyarddog5958

Junkyarddog5958 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm guessing it's not loves fuel but the filter and tank maintenance of that loves facility.

6. Peanut Butter

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    Not just that one several of them, I was told loves don't have any filters or screens on pumps to keep junk out of the fuel you get.

7. Junkyarddog5958

Junkyarddog5958 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2015
    Well idk then. I've not had problems there.

8. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    I have to agree with junkyard, sounds like they have something going on at that location.

In most tanks, the pump sits about a foot or slightly more above the bottom of the tank. Most also have a trap area under that. The tank pumps have no filtering on them, thats all in the dispenser lines. The actual dispenser has filters in it, might be one or two per nozzle, depending on brand and system.

A major problem with underground tanks is water infiltration. Even the newest ones. Most often it comes from surface water. It rains, the pavement and drainage gets overwhelmed, this results in a flooding situation. When that happens, water enters the tanks from the surface openings for filling and vapor recovery. As much as they try to keep them seald, it often fails. The next most common area is damaged to these lines. Ground settling can crack these lines, won't show as a product leak, but water can and does get in.

I can tell you that Chevron had a system for servicing underground tanks. When I worked for them, they had some small vacuum tank trucks used for cleaning the tanks. Did not matter if company or dealer, all branded locations were inspected at least twice a year.

9. Peanut Butter

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    The worst problem was the loves Memphis Texas but got that taken care of and fueled at loves diff ones at Arizona las Vegas Nevada loves in oregon washington and idaho and wind up plugged filters from black junk im sorry but no loves for me now.

10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Chevron, Shell, Valero and a number of other refiners are located in Benicia and Martinez, CA. Several pipe lines run various fuels all around the greater SF Bay area. At any time, these pipe lines could and do have fuels in them from any of the different refineries. At one time Chevron owned almost all of them. From some former co-workers, I understand this has now been changed to some form of operating co-op.

11. minirack

minirack Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2016
    Only problem I've ever had was a circle k/76 that had 1 set of pumps for big rigs in SC. They did something, myself and everyone else I knew filling up there with 1-ton pickups went from getting 500 miles per tank to 300-350 per tank. I changed filters and all, nothing helped. Finally started going to the kangaroo down the road and instantly got the mileage back.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.