Bad relay valve?

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by TruckerPete1990, Oct 21, 2016.

1. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    07 international 9400.
    I found an air leak at the relay valve on rear axle. It leaks when brakes are SEt. Any idea? Just a bad valve or should I be looking elsewhere? It's leaking under it where it purges. Dealer wants $285 for it.... IMAG0605.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Pete, I just had to replace mine. It started out minor and momentary but over a month it got bad enough so I was losing enough pressure to get warning lights and beeping in stop and go traffic. Rush Truck Center of Virginia was slightly cheaper but not by much.

Try Google searching the part number. Its a relatively generic part found on any truck so I'm betting there's an aftermarket cheaper version.
    Frank

4. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    this should be cheaper than that. The valve should have a bendix or wabco part number try to get it with this i know when i usually buy them rarely do they run over 125 only for the ones with advanced braking system and solenoid they cost about 300. most of the time it's a simple fix most likely just an o ring in the purge set up but it's tough to rebuilt the valve

baha Thanks this.
  5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Yea seems to be the dealer is telling me wrong part which i confirmed today when he said you will need the new JUMPER for it too. I said What? There is no jumper no power to this. Then i called another dealer he said the dealer i spoke to has it for 96... By that time i passed it xD

6. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    any dealer should have it doesn't have to be international just see if you can get the bendix or wabco number and all truck makes run same air valve but there is a difference in opening psi so even if they look the same they can have different part numbers

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.