Bait & Switch Hiring Scam

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by 31N90W, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 31N90W

31N90W Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Gee, Pete, you really have a license? Well, I guess that means you know everything then right? And no one with a license would never lie or could be wrong, right? Certainly there are critics of 401K's, but then again, you can find people who will criticize anything. So let's see, you've told us your opinion and you won't even consider other view points? That kind of sounds like someone in the White House at present?There is your opinion, and everybody else is wrong? You won't even listen or respond to them; you know, you should run for president, it couldn't get any worse. By the way your, assessment is a little wrong. When you put money in a 401k, after you retire, and you take it out in small bites, you are at a lower tax bracket because you are no longer earning money (read working). I could not help but notice how you ignore the fact that the company usually has a percentage that they kick in- for free. But I know, you're right and everyone else is wrong. That's why millions of millions of people but billions of billions of dollars into 401k's. If you are the only one who has figured out that 401k's are not worth it, far be it from me to talk to a Genius like you. So, yes, you are right and everybody else is wrong. As for me, I'll keep funding my 401k. I'm not going to tell you what my 401k is currently worth, but I'll bet it's worth a lot more than what you have saved which is what is 0? And yes, 401k's are tied to the stock market so there will be ups and downs, it's a gamble. I never said it was not, but generally speaking most people do wind up doing well. But that's my opinion, accept it or not, I could care less. I've got money in the bank. You have a nice day and keep driving till the day you drop dead. I can retire in another three years at age 60.

Eddie
    I'd write more but I have to go comb my wool.....

KriegHund Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sipesh

Sipesh Medium Load Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Colorado
    Bait and switch... I had a nice one 2 years ago.
    Advertised for owner/ops. Line haul, Mon-Fri, Denver to Wyoming. Great!

I interviewed, got hired.
    Two days before my first run, I was called in to sign more paperwork. That's when they dropped the bomb on me that by "Monday thru Friday" they actually meant "Sunday night at 10pm until Saturday morning at 7am."
    Well, that's seven days a week, guys, and was the schedule I was already running with the place I was at so...fine. They paid more for mile, and it wouldn't take me as far from home, so I opted to still give it a shot, but I wasn't happy.

...so I showed up the first night to make my run. The night guy there hands me my load packet and announces to me that I won't be going up into Wyoming... nope, he'd rather the run go from Denver to freakin' Grand Junction, CO. No big, just over the Rockies and back through Vail Pass every night! It's just SO much easier that way, it's 60 miles less they have to pay me for. That's totally okay, RIGHT?

Yeah, no, I was back with the company I'd left for that circus within a week. Literally everything they'd advertised about the job, other than the pay per mile was different from what they tried to get me to do. Nope.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Found my former employer in Montana on Craigslist and was one of the best people I've ever worked for ...also found the company I'm currently leased to on Craigslist and and can't say enough good about em .

Canned Spam and KriegHund Thank this.
  6. Loco transfer

Loco transfer Bobtail Member

May 7, 2016
    Nevadain
    You don't have to go to criagslist. They print them and put in front truck stop.

7. DominguezTrucking

DominguezTrucking Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2016
    I mentioned "Facts" not opinions. Opinions have no evidence, Facts can be tracked. Do your homework before you inject your "Opinion".

8. 31N90W

31N90W Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Now Pete,

Don't get your panties in a bunch.... Do you want to know why I responded to your idiotic post???? It is because I knew that you would respond to my post, and, that is after you wrote that you would not respond to what anyone said/wrote......., and yet, you did? FACT, I have done very well with my 401k and my Roth IRA, that, in spite of the FACT that the market has admittedly had some downturns. Face it Pete, the reality is that you failed as a licensed financial advisor, and that's why you're driving a truck. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled tell me what my opinion is or should be. And, I know that many of the readers to this thread will see that you forgot to take your Prozac, you need to unload your rifle, and get off the roof. Or better yet, unload the rifle, then jump off the roof. Now, do what you said and don't respond. (Whispering to everyone else....., let's see how long it takes Pete to not respond........again).

Eddie

• Truckers Report Jobs

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.