Bakken still rockin?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by 4wayflashers, Dec 22, 2015.

1. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Wierd, I wouldnt have expected that...Theres a huge oversupply everywhere, I wouldnt think they'd bother...
    Plus, wouldnt 'no fracking mean no fracking water?

Just trying to understand the whole fracking thing, for fracks sake

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    You don't get as much out of a well, generally speaking, if you don't frac

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Correct. But its much cheaper. So while we are at $30 oil, drillers can't afford to extract 100% of the oil from every hole. They are prepping for sub $30 and that means straight vertical drilling for a while.
    Im just getting the word out to people who may be in a position of needing to replace equipment or something, if they are planning on fracking coming back soon, they may want to investigate.

5. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Compared to the past years Williston is a ghost town. Not that things are not still happening but we delivered box culvert and bridge beams up there and had no problem getting a hotel room anywhere we wanted. before that you could not even find a place to park.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  6. AC22

AC22 Medium Load Member

May 6, 2010
    Williston, ND
    Ha. Must be a joke.

ironmule Thanks this.
  7. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    No, not a joke. Just repeating what my broker said in his prospectus. His job is to predict what drilling service companies will be doing in the next year. He has been wrong before. Im not predicting anything, just passing some information along. If anyone reads one post on an anonymous forum and considers it gospel without investigating, they deserve what they get.

KAK Thanks this.
  8. ironmule

ironmule Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    PNW
    There are like close to a 1000 wells here now that are horizontally drilled and not being fracked.With prices
    down Drilling is a lot cheaper Plenty of time to wait it out its not going anywhere....

9. Montanaland

Montanaland Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2010
    H-town
    If your a crude hauler for a large kick a $$ company like Tesoro things are slow but your still working.

All other small contractors/companies are dead ducks.

Randoggin and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  10. Rodeorowdy

Rodeorowdy Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Anchorage, AK.
    Williston is slow, yes, but it's not dead. The reason why there are so many hotel rooms available is because there have been so many apartment buildings completed since 2012.

I am based in New Town, but I get to haul water in the Williston area sometimes.

I had three weeks in December where I made over 80 hours for the week. And mostly 70 hours average in the months before that.

Companies are still hiring in and around Williston. I have a friend from Texas (we were working together down in the Eagle Ford as vac truck drivers till June) who was going to go OTR but I talked him into coming up here and he got hired on the first day looking as a SW hauler w/ $24/hr, free room and benefits. He had another offer to train to haul crude. That was the beginning of December.

Last month the free weekly Williston paper had five adds for CDL drivers.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Reason for edit: To Incl. his salary
    gdyupgal and MTNClimber Thank this.
  11. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    craigslist better. for nd only...

I loved newtown...the history is neat, the empty nothingness of sakakawea lake..almost bought a place in stanley..

Im a city boy who has lived a noisy life...i really dug nd

But we did too good of job up there, now look!!!
    LOL

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.