Barr-Nunn New to the company

Discussion in 'Barr-Nunn' started by BikerDon, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Bman20

Bman20 Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    USA
    Bigman77 and other sorry forgot your screen name , I applied monday and will call them today........if you want to refer me that would be cool!! email me or just look at my screen name...It sound slike Barr Nunn would be a good compnay to work for right?????? what will i start off at for mileage PAY??? And are the trucks in pretty good shape inside!! and Out!!???

Get back to me soon

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bman20

Bman20 Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    USA
    TO all at Barr Nunn I just called and they said they dont hire out of Vermont!!! ( the recruiter name name was Cory) little disappointed but I will move on

4. bigman77

bigman77 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Wow I am very surprised to here that they turned someone down for northeast like I said I have been up here for a week between jersey new York conn and mass jeez we even go into Maine.... Next time they want me up here I'm gonna tell em toquit turning guys down for up here sorry to here that

Bman20 Thanks this.
  5. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT
    Been with Barr Nunn 2 plus years. Been to Burlington VT C&S 5 times. Been to Maine only once. The deadhead out of the house is why they don't hire from up there. We don't have much going up there and even less coming out. West and North of Syracuse is another void they don't hire from.

6. profit521

profit521 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    caseyville, IL.
    wow, this was a bad bad week,idle at 80% fuel mpg at 5. left the house early on mon. to get a jump on the week, tues. was good and sat on my butt wed. thur. thur. evening took a short hop for wal-mart. no re-load last nite. sat 140 miles from home and at 6 this morning they tell me to go home for the weekend. had to run the truck all them days coz they kept me in the rain belt and could'nt leave the windows open, #### the bad luck lol. they did'nt make no money and neither did I.

7. profit521

profit521 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    caseyville, IL.
    thinking about gettin out of regional and goin otr for them, but i've heard some horror stories about gettin stuck on eastcoast runnin city to city. a few of the drivers was telling me this, any truth to it?

8. bigman77

bigman77 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm an otr driver I started this week on tuesday basically cause the holiday delivered the load in mass on Tuesday deadhead to conn and take to south Carolina from there deadhead about 100 miles in sc and take to Alabama fir thus morning from there I deadheaded to Tuscaloosa about 130 miles and pickup and head to mass for Monday morning 1242 miles loaded I hate that my week is cut short by this but hopefully I have a great week next week but I have done this before start Monday with 1000 plus miles and barley finish with 2500 the thing that sucks is this week I finish with 1784 miles they need to do better with planning this is 2 short weeks in a row

9. profit521

profit521 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    caseyville, IL.
    otr and only 1784? wow, i'll stick with regional, at least i get home on weekends, i've been avg. 2045 miles a week till now, hopefully it was just the holiday that screwed em up.

10. profit521

profit521 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    caseyville, IL.
    on another note, for anyone still checking this thread to see if they wanna work here or not, I still think it's a good company and I like the customer base, planning could use a revamp though, I think they forget that their dealing with humans since they have no contact with us( communication is through Q-com or Team-Leader) maybe it would be good for them to get out of the box once in awhile, meet the people their moving around the country and see we have families and lives, just like real people do. Ain't that a pipe dream? and 'dang-it' I did'nt sell my truck yet, the guy was just another tire kicker wantin to make payments,( do I look like a bank?)
    soooo, if anyones lookin and you got cash?????

11. melpromud

melpromud Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2010
    camden ny
    I worked there in 1999/2000 and it was a great company. Bob Sturgen was a very friendly person and realy cared about his drivers. ( I guess his daughter runs things now? ) He knew every drivers name and was the first one to shake your hand and ask if things were good. If they weren't he realy wanted to know. He took any one that was at the terminal in Grainger to lunch every day on him. Didn'y matter if it was one driver or 20. If you had a problem that no one else could fix you were free to go to his office and talk to him about it. He was a real class act. He use to be a driver and didn't forget where he came from. Every body at the company were profesionals.
    As far as miles 3000 use to be a short week and 3500+ was the norm. I know the bad economy has a lot to do with the short miles now. I dont think I ever waited more than an hour for a load and most of the time I was preplaned be for I was unloaded. All OTR back then.
    The equitment was good, not real fancy but in good working order. Looks about the same as I see on the road now.
    Hope things are close to what they use to be. Good luck to all. keep this post going I like to hear how thing are at Barr-Nunn just in case I ever decide to go OTR again.:biggrin_255:

profit521 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.