Barr-Nunn New to the company

Discussion in 'Barr-Nunn' started by BikerDon, Apr 5, 2010.

1. profit521

profit521 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    caseyville, IL.
    I ain't been there long enough to figure out who's in charge, but the equipments in good shape, nothing fancy, just slow as hell..maintainence is on top of things pretty well, and everybody so far is friendly. just planning seems to be an issue, and if thats the only problem I find I'll be happy with that. It would just be nice to have everything laid out for the week in advance if possible, I know it can be done because I've done it for the last 12 years, barring a few bad encounters.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigman77

bigman77 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    She runs it alot different then what it use to be I been here 2 years now I mean I complain alot but I am still here so it can't be that bad ya know? When I first started I used to be planned through the week and was getting great miles 3500+ a week march of 09 is when it dried up and then the team leaders ability to pick and plann loads for there drivers was taken away and I know 1784 miles looks bad for an otr driver but think about it this way j had that on Thursday with Fri sat and sun left to run this week the reason I have to deliver this load on Monday morning is the customer isn't open on the weekend if they were I woulda had over 3000 this week consider going otr you get a pay increase unless of course you drive northeast region profit521

4. profit521

profit521 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    caseyville, IL.
    thanks for the info bigman77, i live in the st'louis area so i do get the good lanes here, nice little triangle of des moine,ia -bartlett,il-sullivan,mo. when it works out just right..but we all know what happens when planning gets a hold of it. as a company man i'll stick with mid-west regional, soon as my truck sales i have a couple lined up to choose from, then i'll switch to otr for the miles and money.

5. bigman77

Feb 20, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    What kinda truck, how much? I'm looking to buy one just don't wanna do a lease purchase through the company u know?

6. profit521

profit521 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    caseyville, IL.
    i have an ad in the classifieds here for it, 1998 classic xl

7. profit521

profit521 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    caseyville, IL.
    on another point, I got my butt chewed for old school logging, d.o.t. legal, but don't match the Q-com, 3 days later I won $100.00 safety award...go figure...on the idling deal...this goes out to all drivers...this retarded company wants to ##### and moan about wasting 8 gal. of fuel while your sleeping in 100 degree weather, yet me and another driver was told Sat. morning to deadhead a combined total of 700 miles at no pay to go home, i refused but the other guy went. this equals about a 116 gal. of fuel...and a day of driving, after that stunt I don't give a rats ##### about their idling policy, and neither should anyone else. besides..my comfort for the month versus a $40.00 wal-mart card???? I'll take the comfort thank you...and another thing, most of their runs are over night (thats just fine and dandy) but the office is ran during the day, i'm getting tired of the lack of consideration for our sleep time, if you won't respond to the q-com and you turn the phone off, they just have another driver beat on your door, bullsh&%...split your office 50/50 and put em on nights..makes sense to me. we have decent equipment, I love the lanes and customers, but MY GOD !!! the desk jockeys and pencil pushers are about to drive me crazy.

8. bigman77

Feb 20, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I quit caring about the idle policy a long time ago I use their idle message against them "conserve fuel in the cool days of spring and fall for the hot days of summer and cold days of winter" when it's cool out I don't idle my truck but if I get hot or cold you better believe this truck is idling.... On the other thing you said about running nights in the past month I have only ran 2 over nights everything else has been morning to evening runs no overnights

9. ARJAY

ARJAY Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Bear, Delaware
    Is it hard to get home to central Florida with this company weekly for a day. Looks like they hire from central Florida for the Southeast Regional.

10. bigman77

Feb 20, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have heard mixed things from
    the florida drivers some say it's hard to get home but those are the otr guys I don't run in to to many regional Florida guys I know t from talking to guys in other regions that they get home on
    a consistent basis every weekend

11. classadriver18

classadriver18 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2010

i also live in hamden ct...are they hiring out here now? im turning 23 on thursday and looking to apply here..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.