BCM Wiring

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by vw2416, Jun 1, 2015.

1. vw2416

vw2416 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Got A 2010 Prostar with wiring issues at lowest plug on the module .The wires get moved around and cause the A/C not to work and at times cause both air pressure gauges to go to the six O'clock position and sound off the low air warning.The Air is full though.I move the plug and wires to it and alarms stop ,guages go back to normal and the A/C will work.Any suggestions on how to keep wires and plug in good contact to stop this problem.Footrest panel must touch these wires when it is mounted in place.Do they make a new or better plug for this set of wires?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    We see this quite often. That area is just too tight for all that wiring. We have great success with removing the connector, then removing the grey or blue terminal lock, and then remove the terminal one at a time. Once the terminal is out you can see it is tapered near the center. The tapered center of the terminal is where it makes contact with the pin inside the body controller. We see the terminals just get loose and sloppy and make little to no contact with the pin. A gentle squeeze with some small pliers is all you need to reshape the terminal so it has a nice tight fit on the pin. There is a small tab that needs to be bent on the terminal to release it from the connector body. I recommend only experienced or knowledgeable people do this as those terminals can be damaged really easily. Anyone can do it, but you have to extremely careful with them and ensure they go back in the correct cavity.

vw2416 Thanks this.
  4. vw2416

vw2416 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Thanks for your response.On my way to the dealer tomorrow and I wanted a little info in advance so I can head off a lot of unneeded repairs.I assume that the A/C and air alarm are tied in to this plug.What you say makes sense and I know if I mess with it a new problem will arise.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.