Bed Size?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by TruckerPete1990, Mar 6, 2015.

1. haycarter

haycarter Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Australia
    Well said..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    I've got a double in my 70 inch bed and breakfast bunk. More than enough for my scrawny ### and the wife. Now then if you can't fit you and the wife in a standard bunk and be comfortable may want to reconsider. Just saying I met this one lady off the internet...when I met her I uhhh...well let's just say she wasn't welcome I only had a 3/4 ton truck...and I don't think my 600 was enough to get her moving...never did say hi she still thinks I stood her up...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

tucker Thanks this.
  4. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I dont have any experience with the bed size in the Cascadia,.. I do currently have a Columbia with 70" sleeper and I am a fat guy and my wife and I sleep in there ok. Cant sprawl out like at home on our King size,.. but we snuggle and make the best of it.

Of the T660,.. the standard 72" Condo has a good size bed. About the same as whats in my Columbia. Then there is the 86" Studio sleeper. While considerably larger sleeper,.. the bed (A couch that folds down into a bed) leaves much to be desired. I ended up throwing a foam mattress on top of it with another mattress cover and sheets. Was the only way to sleep on it. Else it was like sleeping on my back porch.

Hurst

knuckledragger Thanks this.
  5. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    Spent almost 10 years and almost a million miles running cross country in this,in the 70's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    34" crawl through,29" wide on the inside.Every night before you go to sleep,you drag all your stuff out of the sleeper and put it up front.In the morning,reverse procedure.No heater,ac fans or anything in the box,but it was nice on a hot night,figure out which way the wind was blowing,and open up the sleeper doors on each end and let the breeze blow through.You could do that back then and no one would bother you.Wish I had a nickel for everytime I woke up in the morning and my pillow was laying outside on the ground.though!

6. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Can you imagine the responses from youngsters today if you told them: "There's your ride son. Get to it."

DougA, OLDSKOOLERnWV and Cetane+ Thank this.
  7. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Mi
    Mine has the same steering wheel still. Love the leg room, mine does not have the wood grain though.

DougA Thanks this.
  8. glockwise

glockwise Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2014
    This is the problem with the younger crowd and the diminishing use of the cb.

Remember, seat covers ride in the beaver seat and don't invite any sleeper leapers over, unless she mentions it first.

9. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    LMAO.................

DougA Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.