Beeees!!!!

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Eamac2004, May 14, 2016.

1. Eamac2004

Eamac2004 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Does anyone know any companies to pick up loads of bees at? I enjoy hauling strange stuff

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Just keep your truck far away from mine. :eek:

Mr. OBX, Orangees and ExOTR Thank this.
  4. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Even though there is a screen over the load when you park it will attract all the bees around because of the queens inside.

5. Eamac2004

Eamac2004 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Ive heard that they pay fantastic, and run to an area i pull produce from. Plus dot is less likely to inspect you lol

Hype6477, Oxbow and austinmike Thank this.
  6. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    On a long run they pretty much want you to run non stop or the bees die. They want you to run at least from sunup to sundown. I've been offered ridiculous large rates to take them but physically I just can't.

7. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    I hauled one load from Pa. back to Wisconsin. I was glad I did it for the story, but I wouldn't do again. I got stung 9 times in two days.

8. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    one thing about it, I bet you won't have to worry about being pull around back at the scales or DOT inspections.

Awhile back they had a bee truck overturn somewhere around Nashville. They had to close off the road for several days and had to bring beekeepers in to try and round up as many as they could. After being in the truck wreck, those bees were mad. The news crews wouldn't even get close enough to get a good shot.

9. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    would be a decent side business to get into... With all the recent hive deaths from nicotine soaked seeds and fungal infections they bred a few new strains that are quite a bit more robust. I'm not sure where they raise them though, but I've seen a couple bee haulers running south on I35 in Fort Worth over the past week.

10. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I pulled into a truck stop last summer on 95 in Va. A bee truck had been there earlier in the day. I parked by several flatbed trucks out of GA with green tractors. I was watching one driver throwing liquid on the side of his cab, and then he pulled out his fire extinguisher and used that while all his friends were just watching and laughing at him. That was about the time I had to find out what was going on. I looked at the drivers side of his truck and it was loaded with bees. They just decided to go to his truck I guess. Had to sleep with the windows closed that night! In the morning he had to get the truck washed, and where he had parked there were clumps of dead bees.

11. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    FWIW: Most every bee truck I have ever seen had North Dakota on the side of the door.

rabbiporkchop and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.