Been accepted by Melton concerned about cameras

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Wcampbell86, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Wcampbell86

Wcampbell86 Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Does anyone have anymore info? I know what the recruiter says but its still very concerning to me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Good for you.

poppapump1332 Thanks this.
  4. Jayrag

Jayrag Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2015
    TransAm has had drivecam in trucks for about a year. One camera is on road ahead and one camera points at driver/bunk area.
    Camera status has a red light blinking when it records events. Speeding, hard braking, backing into dock hard or speed bumps. At night I close curtain and sometimes at 2 or 3 am it goes red on its own. They say its uploading data at that time.

5. Wcampbell86

Jul 6, 2015
    good for me what?

6. Wcampbell86

Jul 6, 2015

This is what the recruiter said but it still feels like it would be an invasion of privacy for me.

7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Really? Ummmm, on being accepted at Melton.

truckon and Dreamboat Thank this.
  8. Wcampbell86

Jul 6, 2015
    oh i thought you was trying to be a smarta** lol sorry

9. llsnemesis

llsnemesis Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    piney river virginia
    I would not be concerned with the camera. I drove for transam and they have had the cameras for a couple of years. The camera will start flashing a red light at night every night but it is just doing a nightly upload. I am one of those drivers that believes that if you are not doing anything wrong, what are you worried about. The only time it ever bugged me was the fact that when you backed under a trailer and bumped it hard, they would call you if you were not wearing a seatbelt. I had a guy take out my hood when I was parked at a pilot and it saved my butt. It can be a good thing. If you like to run your mouth on a handheld cell and carry unauthorized passengers then you won't like it. But if you do your job, which is what you are paid for, then you have nothing to concern yourself with.There are some dumb### drivers out there that will make you love that camera. You could always push the button on it every morning and give a commentary in your undies and entertain the people at drive-cam.

Cranky Yankee and Dreamboat Thank this.
  10. PhantomExpress

PhantomExpress Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2015
    San Antonio, Texas
    If you really want to know what driving for Melton is like, send me a PM on here and I will put you in touch with a very good friend of mine. He graduated cdl school with me and he is currently with Melton.

11. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Easy,dont take the job and stand up for yourself if everybody did that guess what?no more cameras in trucks.

Claymoresauce Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.