Beinga a broker in 2008 compared to today??

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by walkertexastransport, May 31, 2016.

1. walkertexastransport

walkertexastransport Bobtail Member

May 31, 2016
    Hello

I was in the brokerage industry back in 2008 and got out at the end of that year. It appears I'm going to be getting back in the industry. Is their any brokers that have been brokering since 2008? Can anybody tell me what differences their is today compared to 2008. On a lot of other threads potential brokers have been told not to get their own authority without experience. I'm looking at getting my own authority. I have at least 1 good size customer that said they will use me. I have about a year experience as a broker and 5 years experience in another 3PL doing customer service. Does anybody recommend if I should start my own company or be an agent?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Def need more brokers out there to spread the wealth to the O/O out there!

Fire up that computer, what are you waiting for?

rollin coal Thanks this.
  4. bigmotor1212

bigmotor1212 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Would it be possible to start a brokerage and be an agent for a company? I leased onto a company that used a network of agents. Going in, I thought they were brokers with their own freight, that used that fleet to help mover some of their loads. Everyone that I worked with was only using load boards. It was disappointing. Anyway, being an agent might help your revenue until you pick up more of your own customers.

5. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Conflict of interest. Happened years ago with CT freight out of omaha. CT lost all their agents to another brokerage that started up lawsuits flew and the rest was history and CT has never been the same

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.