Best and Worst Truck Stop showers

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Triple Digit Bullhauler, Dec 12, 2015.

1. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    So if it's 110 and no AC, why bother showering?

DTP Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I ask them to turn it on full power to get people through there faster

4. glorymoon

glorymoon Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2016
    I love the TA petros for showers, I rarely fuel there but that's where I'm sent for repairs and the shop will comp you a shower while they work on your truck, even a quick fix gets ya a free shower. Great big shower heads, high power water and even a blow dryer at most TA's

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Just be grateful that some of these slobs even take showers

LoneCowboy Thanks this.
  6. spookiewon

spookiewon Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2018
    I don't #### on the floor. It's pretty simple, actually. I get that cleaning the showers is a crappy job, but I do my part to make it easier by gathering all garbage in the waste basket, placing the used towels in a pile together near the door, and leaving things otherwise neat. I can't afford big tips, and I'm not the one making the job hard.

7. Clarea

Clarea Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2018
    Be very careful at the AM BEST in Commerce GA I stepped into the shower and down I went due to there slick floor and now I'm injured. I'm courous has anyone else fallen there??

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Some of the Pilots used to use some sort of "cleaning product" in the past that would leave the wet shower floors very slippery but they seemed to have gotten away from whatever they were using. I know what you mean with how they were sometimes ridiculously slick to the the point you could hardly stand up even being extremely careful.

Also, some floor materials are more prone to be ultra-slick than others. They have to walk a very thin line using a material and cleaning products that does not harbor mold and is not overly slick

I would have at least brought it to their attention that their shower setups are overly dangerous.

9. Clarea

Clarea Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2018
    Oh but I did, and they acted like what do I want them to do about it; clean it right so no one else gets hurt.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.