Best Cb Radion On Market.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by TANON, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BUZZSAW

BUZZSAW Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2006

ANOTHER HAPPY whackpacked customer

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jeffbeard

Jeffbeard Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Warsaw MO
    For a good radio that is legal a Cobra 29 or a 148 are probably the best ones out there get the 148 if u want to play on SSB. A good antenna make sure you set the SWR.
    And if you really wanted to play on the outlaw channels take the same radio havea good tec add them and get a good old Palomar amp.

4. Marmon man

Marmon man Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Michigan
    I run a Northstar 9000 with a Road king mic and 2 Wilson 5000's.....copy that hand?

5. HankSterling

HankSterling Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace,FL
    Im a newbie and I went with a Cobra 29 Black Chrome(looks cool). Had it turned down to 2.5 watts and run it through a Palomar 250. Got good set of wilson 2000, tuned(lees than 1 on swr). Astatic mike and I have less than $350 dollars in the whole thing. I can talk with anyone I want up to 6+ miles with kicker on Medium(60w dead sweeps 230w). My backup is a 29 classic with an old Palomar 150(free as a gift). Ive got less than $500 in two decent systems. Black Chrome is $109 at Pilot truck stops. Classic is $99. CB shops have Palomar 250's for less than $150.

6. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    I run an old uniden grant XL. it's pushing 14 years old now. Don't make em like that anymore. best radio I've ever had and I've had the galaxy and connex units. I'll take my grant any day. it's been worked over and has a connex board and upper and lowers, talkback. I just sold my texas star 500 like an idiot but I needed money. That was one talking sob with the astatic 3k antenna. I talked all over the country and even england. I'm barefoot now though. still a good radio but not near as much fun
    Dude.. You wana sell me my linear back by chance?? lol

7. thetez

thetez Medium Load Member

Jul 10, 2006
    less than 1..... thats amazing.... so amazing its almost u... it is unbelievable...

i sure do hear that one a lot.... wonder what those meters actually read...

8. thetez

Jul 10, 2006
    oh and medicineman, i wish i could, i no longer have it, which im pretty upset about, i sold it / traded some stuff for it.... and wish i didnt ever since i got rid of it i had wished i had it.... :-(

9. HankSterling

HankSterling Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace,FL

I carried about 10 or 12 antennnas out to the truck. Spent an hour or so tuning and matching up up tell I found the best set.

My meter is not calibrated to some US standard, but SWR is a ratio and therefore relative, so Im pretty confident in the numbers.

10. thetez

Jul 10, 2006
    but what is it relative too? i mean 1.1 is as low as you can go.... and very very difficult to achieve, 1.2 or 3 is pretty excellent

11. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    See how you are! lol

it's one of those things you get used to having and don't feel you really need it and then you get rid of it and everyone stops hearing ya! that sucks. I had that baby worked over too it was cherry

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.