Best CB shop in the Nation

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by ihford350, Apr 4, 2010.

1. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Best CB Shop in the Nation...Well, if your looking to buy...There's only "ONE" CB Super Store!

CB City on I-20 in East Texas in Tyler.

If you go inside this shop, be prepared to drop some Cash! There is not a CB Shop "Anywhere" that has a bigger on-site inventory than CB City...Their Web Site only shows maybe half of what is in the show room...

Literally Hundreds of radios, and Antenna's by every brand name you can think of. And decent pricing on everything in the store...They also take trade-ins too when buying a New Radio. The Tech's seem to know what their doing also, I have never had a problem from anything I have ever bought there...

Just about the only thing you wont find there tho is Amps...They sell "Pre-Amps", but thats about it...

When you first walk into the store and see the radio displays, it's so over-whelming that its hard to decide on which one you want! And then there's the Antenna Section...Simple way to describe the antenna department is "Mind Blowing!"

Then there's all the Meters, Mic's, and other accessory's to look at, that you could easily spend half a day in there just looking around!

bubba T Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I just bought my first "real" CB today at the shop next to the TA in Albuquerque NM. Mesa CB is the name of the shop, I explained that I am a rookie and didn't know alot about CB's so the guy actually took the time to explain what each knob does and the proper setting for each knob. He was very helpful and answered all my stupid questions!

Got a new Galaxy DX 949, peaked, tuned, and aligned for $189.99 and let me tell you it sounds AWESOME!

junkyardog1 Thanks this.
  4. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    Im going to have to write some of these down. I've been debating about getting a cb installed but I was being even price btwn $200-$300 so I never had anybody do it but I have one of those real cheap cbs but the truck I have came with a cb that doesn't work and there's tape on the wiring and I didn't want to mess anything up but ima have to try some of the places y'all suggested!!!!

5. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    You don't need to spend a bunch on money lissen to the guys on this forum there is a wide range of people out here that own them and can help you .... as for dogs ..... soft spot with me next to handicapped kids ...

My Dachshund ..... and co-driver .....

Attached Files:

6. delta5

delta5 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Ohio
    They arent called "amps" anymore. They are "CW-Transmitters"... LOL

7. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    The C.B. Radio Store in Ontario, Ca. Down the street from the T.A. (west).

8. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    BUT .......

Are they CERTIFIED for part 97 :biggrin_25513:

Attached Files:

9. Mad Dog 20/20

Mad Dog 20/20 Heavy Load Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Skid Row
    What about FCC Part 95 ??? :biggrin_25525:

10. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Good question :biggrin_2556:

11. freight shaker

freight shaker Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    I've heard that Q5 in Madison is good...... I also heard that he won't touch a 10 meter radio if your not a ham. Anybody know if this is true? I've got a Magnum S-3 that needs some work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.