Best Dash Cam ?? Recommendations.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Whiteline64, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Whiteline64

Whiteline64 Light Load Member

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    http://www.kdlinks.com/index.phpphp

I have been reading about the KDLINKS X1 dash cam and how good they say it is. Has anyone seen it or used it ? After almost getting creamed tonight, I am considering getting one. Thoughts please.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Link not found

Road Killer and Whiteline64 Thank this.
  4. Bakerman

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    [​IMG]
    This is what I have. When they first came out, they were $99-a few years ago I paid $49. Now they are $15.

Road Killer and Whiteline64 Thank this.
  5. Bakerman

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    [​IMG]

Here's a better view.

6. Whiteline64

Whiteline64 Light Load Member

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    I know, my phone is messed up.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  7. true blue

true blue Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    I bought one (KD Links) online. The charger seemed to be the problem but customer service kept sending me the same email over and over to check the charger when I told them the charger was the problem and I asked for a replacement charger. They don't respond to (maybe they don't receive) emails sent back to them. I had to go back to the website each time to get an answer. Sometimes, even then, they didn't respond. No number to call. I never got my replacement charger so I had VISA return my money to me. I don't recommend them.

Road Killer, Moon_beam and Whiteline64 Thank this.
  8. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Try going to youtube and searching on kdlinks. People put examples up like this one.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  9. melsno

melsno Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Been running the Mobius dash cam with a 240gb stick day and night. Or about 16 hours straight with no problems for about 7 months now. Its around $65 bucks. Make sure you get the real deal and not a knock off.

Road Killer and lostandconfused Thank this.
  10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I've been using a Garmin Dash Cam 30 for the last couple months. Seems pretty good so far. Just records in an endless loop (it temporarily saves everything in 3-5 minute intervals) unless the G sensor gets triggered, then it will permanently save the previous 5-7 minutes leading up to the whatever triggered it. You can manually save video as well. It has a camera setting too so you can take photos of crash damage. Video resolution is pretty good. Everything looked fairly clear when I pulled some video off it on my 17" laptop. It doesn't record sound though.

Road Killer and true blue Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.