Best Tanker Co in SoCal?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by JayRod, Jul 23, 2016.

1. JayRod

JayRod Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah I know. Didn't figure I'd have a lot of options. I did throw apps everywhere though. PTL, Superior, KAG, Cox, Williams/Golden Bear, etc. only people replied was PTL. I just don't know about their new ABP (Activity Based Pay). Why can't they just pay by the hour like normal people lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    You could give thompson and harvey a try if you would be ok commuting to sylmar. Also MJ tank lines.

4. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Ok young buc your in a tuff spot right now with the limited amount of seat time and no tanker experience. For right now your gonna get what you can get for tanker work most of the top outfits want 3 yrs of driving experience. Some even want that and five years of just tanker work. You have listed most of the big common carriers around.so you know what's out here. Don't sell your self short there are still chemical companies as well as cryogenics.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    plant Thanks this.
  5. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Hey its my old gig lol

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  6. JayRod

JayRod Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was also looking at Thompson and Harvey but can't seem to find a website for them or any online application. All the locations I find just say Santa Maria. Don't see anything for Sylmar.

7. JayRod

JayRod Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well to be honest I'm kind of set on doing fuels, but I guess you're right, there's still some other HM I can do. I only know of Air Liquide around here, can't think of anything else I've seen. Only other chemical co I know is Brentag, but they also require 2 years. And are pretty strict on it.

8. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Well here is a list

For fuels: COX, superior tank lines, Pacific tank lines, California tank lines, lamb fuels, apex fuels, SC fuels, Premier, elite fuel transportation, Williams tank lines, RM parks inc, conico oil, Evans Dedicated systems, ARCO (tesoro corp), 76 (sentinel transportation), Mobil (solar trasnport)
    MJ tank lines. There are more I can't think of but, one of these guys should pick you up.

Cryogenics:
    Praxair, Linde, Air Liquide, Air Products, Air Gas

Chemicals:
    Brenntag pacific, Univar USA, Pearce tank lines, NALCO,

Best of luck to you sir, keep your nose clean and the doors will open soon enough.:evil3:

harlycharly55, JayRod and plant Thank this.
  9. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just call the santa Maria office that's their main one. Ask about a position in sylmar they have a yard there.

Also cmac, vista, mohsen, southwest trails, g&g, shamrock, mike roche, and more I can't think of either

JayRod and Cali kid Thank this.
  10. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    I guess he found a good gig.

11. JayRod

JayRod Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Haven't found anything yet. PTL now rejected me, without giving reason. Had an interview with CMAC yesterday, should have an answer by Friday they said. Dwindling dreams of driving a petroleum tanker. ☹️

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.